Food Network Cake Challenge - Birthday Cake Challenge

Decorating By SusanaDalia Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 5:44am by Carolynlovescake

SusanaDalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusanaDalia Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 8

I need some help with a picture if possible. The challenge was from 2005. It is the one where Marina Sousa of Just Cake and Elisa Strauss of Confetti Cakes were some of the competitors. Marina won that competition, her first, but my problem is I can't find a picture. I want to make a cake similar to it for my daughter's 2nd Birthday, but I haven't been able to find a picture of it anywhere. It re-aired in October, but it got erased on my dvr. I was hoping someone here would have a picture of it. To jog your memory, Elisa's cake was the sock monkey, and Marina's was a cake made to look like a party table with gift boxes if I remember correctly, a teddy bear, a mini cake, and other items you might find on a party table.

7 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 8

go to her website... it's listed under her press releases:

http://www.justcake.com/flash_index.php

HTH!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:37am
post #3 of 8

http://www.justcake.com/flash_index.php

Click on the link and when it opens, click on the "Press" area at the top then click on Food Network. It shows it for just a minute...sorry, best I could do!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 8

If you go to Marina's website http://www.justcake.com/flash_index.php and click the orange food network symbol, it will launch a slideshow and you will see it there, the 2nd pic i think.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 8

ok...for some reason, the link bypassed the actual page I was trying to point to and went instead to the homepage. But from there, you can choose Press and you will see the orange food network symbol there...HTH.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 8

Here's the cake I think you're talking about. If this doesn't come thru - PM me and I'll send to your personal e-mail.

Julie
LL

SusanaDalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusanaDalia Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #7 of 8

Oh my gosh, thank thank you thank you! I didn't ever think to go to the press section of her website. Thank you for posting the picture for me, it will make it easier when I go to make the cake to have something to refer back to. Again, thank you, and my lil boo thanks you too!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:44am
post #8 of 8

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE music on webpages?

Hubby's watching a moving so I have my headset cranked with my Itunes and her site opened and dang.... that was some loud music. I couldn't hear my Itunes over it and it is playing rather loudly. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%