What Colors Should I Ice This Cake?

Decorating By Heatherly30 Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 6:20am by xstitcher

Heatherly30 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 7

I am making a Baby Shower cake that will match their bedding. (It's a Boy). I plan to make a 2 tier cake. The bottom will have fondant animals that look like the animals in these pics. I want the second layer to be a little plainer with the baby's name or something. The topper will be a 3D replica of the sheep laying down with a 3D baby laying up against the sheep. Any opinions on that?

My question...what color(s) would you use for the two tiers?[/img]
LL
LL

6 replies
Heatherly30 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 7

any ideas...anyone?

prterrell Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 7

I would do the bottom tier in a patchwork just like the bedding and then the top tier in the blue.

Heatherly30 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 7

thank you, thank you for responding...patchwork. I'll have to do a search on that!

MJ2008 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #5 of 7

I second the patchwork suggestion. That would be cute. You could even do some so they have the animals on them to match, but that might be a lot of work.

Heatherly30 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:50am
post #6 of 7

Love that idea.

Fondant? Know of any instructions out there?

xstitcher Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:20am
post #7 of 7

That's a great idea using the patchwork for the bottom. I would use a patchwork with an animal and then the next one be one of the ones without any animals and back to one with an animal and so on. This would match the theme beautifully and not be overwhelming with too many animals on the bottom layer.

You could always try doing a transfer......

Please keep us posted. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%