Do You Ever Have One Of Those Days???

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm by Melvira

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 6

I am in a funk today. I don't want to decorate cakes. I don't want to decorate cookies. I don't want to make flowers, and I SERIOUSLY don't want to talk to another person on the phone. I just talked to a bride to set up a cake tasting and getting her to decide on what she wanted to taste was like pulling teeth. I still have 4 cakes and 6 doz sugar cookies to go, and my motivation is nil. To top it off, one of the cakes I am making is for someone I really, really dislike, and they left the deco up to me. This is one of those times I really need to stay away from the "gross" cakes...
Anyways,
thanks for reading...just had to vent.

5 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 6

Glad to be here for you.

Jibbies

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 6

Yep, we all have those days. They stink. Just take a couple deep breaths, step away from the cake for a few minutes and "have a moment" just to yourself to think of something else. Maybe even take a five minute stroll outside if you're some place where the weather is decent. Then go back and knock out the cakes!

You'll get through it! icon_biggrin.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 6

I think we've all had those days! Vent away!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 6

sounds like you're getting burnt out...try to take a break before any permanent damage is done (to yourself or others! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif )[/img]

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 6

I think you should make a toilet cake for the person you don't like, and on it write, "Oh crap, I should've been more specific!" Hehehe. Ok, not really, but hopefully that at least got a little smile out of you!

But yah, I get those days too, those are the days that you've got to stop and count a few blessings. Remind yourself of all the things you have that make you happy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%