Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #151 of 2203

You know this kinda sounds like the same person. The op and cakelurker. Bored on a Saturday night. Got nothing to do.
Thanks for the fun.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #152 of 2203

something i thought of while reading through this thread was the way the OP named the thread Officially Embarrassed, i mean, why would she be embarrassed? sounds like to me she may be trying to Officially Embarrass the baker.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #153 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Great googly moogly!

I had to pour myself some wine for this thread. It has exploded!

Hubby has the last of the popcorn, the pretzels are stale ... wait!! Whoa, baby, I got ya all beat! I have a whole box of Dairy Queen Dilly Bars to get me thru this drama! Yeah, baby!!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #154 of 2203

cakelurker..... OP found baker in yellow pages, then researched her website.. 2 questions.. how did OP know baker was unlicensed? Did she ask her when she picked up the cake? Is she licensed? I ask because I cannot imagine anyone advertising in the yellow pages who isn't licensed... mucho bucks, plus mucho risky...
sorry for all the questions... we have really put you on the spot.. icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #155 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by msladybug

this is so interesting. My kids came telling me they were hungry, i ran in the kitchen threw a hot dog in the microwave and ran back so i wouldn't miss anything.

You better go check for grease marks on that microwave what are you thinking???!!!
AGHHH!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Oopsie, our op needs to help us out soon--I'm gonna bust.

We really need to give her till tomorrow huh.

No seriously there's another side to this saga and I hope we hear it soon.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #156 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Have we made history yet on the number of posts in one topic in the shortest amount of time?
Cakelurker, do you know why ktbug would be a member of CC? does she do some decorating? No special reason, I just thought it was weird from the beginning that someone who was buying decorated cake and cupcakes, just happened to be a member of CC

I think that this thread might rival the one about the stolen pictures last year.

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #157 of 2203

[quote="msladybug"]this is so interesting. My kids came telling me they were hungry, i ran in the kitchen threw a hot dog in the microwave and ran back so i wouldn't miss anything.[/quote

Okay, this is seriously funny.

My hubby cooked dinner. My teenage daughter cleaned up the dishes.

Even funnier my baker friend is at a party at another friends (I didn't feel like going)...so she has no idea that I've posted so much.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #158 of 2203
Quote:

this is so interesting. My kids came telling me they were hungry, i ran in the kitchen threw a hot dog in the microwave and ran back so i wouldn't miss anything.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

sharridee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharridee Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #159 of 2203

This has been totally intertaining.. saturday night and all. I was reading some of this to my husband and he said he wanted to turn me in, when I do weddings because my kitchen is always a mess powered sugar everywhere..lol

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #160 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Great googly moogly!

I had to pour myself some wine for this thread. It has exploded!

Hubby has the last of the popcorn, the pretzels are stale ... wait!! Whoa, baby, I got ya all beat! I have a whole box of Dairy Queen Dilly Bars to get me thru this drama! Yeah, baby!!! icon_biggrin.gif

They still make Dilly bars? Oh man.

Actually, I was thinking that your husband might get some jokes for his comedy routine from this thread.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #161 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Hey Cindy531.........16 posts in 4 yrs icon_eek.gif Girl you've got a sh_ _ load of willpower! Even cakelurker, who just joined today has you beat icon_lol.gif Come on Cindy, let's get you up to at least 25 by midnight tonight.

P.S. Anyone live near me in MA, I really would like a glass of wine and I don't want to bother DH icon_razz.gif

Here you go.

ETA! Sorry..image not showing.

julzs71 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:55am
post #162 of 2203

Here is the thing that got me. Have you ever heard of the health department calling immediately after you called? Not unless someone has been infected with some type of disease.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:56am
post #163 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

Looks like everything is at a stand still.

Oh, yahoo tells me whenever there's a new message. So, that explains why the baker was able to follow.

Ya know, I'm actually shocked that I've posted so much here. It's so unlike me.

We have sucked you in. Now first thing tomorrow, I want you to get up and go to Michael's and sign up for a class, and buy some supplies.

Next, decide whether you will be a scratch or box mix baker.

I'd rather do pottery. Seriously, baking and decorating isn't in me.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:56am
post #164 of 2203

Nothing like a good gossip/mystery thread on a boring Saturday night to get me posting!! It's almost like Desperate Housebakers! :p

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:57am
post #165 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

cakelurker..... OP found baker in yellow pages, then researched her website.. 2 questions.. how did OP know baker was unlicensed? Did she ask her when she picked up the cake? Is she licensed? I ask because I cannot imagine anyone advertising in the yellow pages who isn't licensed... mucho bucks, plus mucho risky...
sorry for all the questions... we have really put you on the spot.. icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

Yeah, no, I have a friend this 'challenged' shall we say politely, in their twisted thought processes. Not licensed and in the yellow pages. Duh-uh.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:58am
post #166 of 2203

Hmm.

Is this taking place in Minnesota?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #167 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

You know this kinda sounds like the same person. The op and cakelurker. Bored on a Saturday night. Got nothing to do.
Thanks for the fun.

Yeah, no.

I could have found something to do...facebook has games, etc. If I was both I'd be defending myself as the OP.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #168 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakristin

You CCrs think that toddlers are hard to handle when making a cake, try my teenagers!!! WOO!!

I hear ya! NO ONE is allowed in my kitchen when it's cookie-time! And I've got RI and PS dripped and sprinkled from here to yonder! (and I look so cute in my hairnet and gloves) Of course, there's bleach'n and pinesol'n before and after each white powdery encounter!
When my youngest was toddling, she kept herself busy with (of all things) coffee filters. I would walk into the livingroom and she'd have them lined up in straight lines, entire livingroom floor covered in a sea of coffee filters. Dunno why she did that, or how it got started, but it worked for me!

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #169 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

You better go check for grease marks on that microwave what are you thinking???!!!
AGHHH!!!! icon_twisted.gif

HAHA...you are not right girl. I didn't even think about that when I wrote it. icon_razz.gif

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #170 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Hey Cindy531.........16 posts in 4 yrs icon_eek.gif Girl you've got a sh_ _ load of willpower! Even cakelurker, who just joined today has you beat icon_lol.gif Come on Cindy, let's get you up to at least 25 by midnight tonight.

P.S. Anyone live near me in MA, I really would like a glass of wine and I don't want to bother DH icon_razz.gif

Here you go.

ETA! Sorry..image not showing.

That's OK, thanks anyway!

julzs71 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:01am
post #171 of 2203

Have a good night girls...this is a hoax!

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #172 of 2203
Quote:

Here is the thing that got me. Have you ever heard of the health department calling immediately after you called? Not unless someone has been infected with some type of disease.

Thanks Julzs............ANOTHER INTERESTING AND VERY GOOD POINT! Let's call this Exhibit A for all you Peewee Herman fans out there!

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:04am
post #173 of 2203

My kids say this is just like their myspace addiction!! I have had to quit nagging them about always being on myspace because I am always on here. I have no room to nag anymore!

Don't worry Cakelurker,, you will definitely get addicted. It happens don't fight it just go with the flow..

I am still wondering too. Where is the baker in all of this? Why hasn't she posted anything on here? Also,, this OP... why would she come on this site to post this? Especially if she is not a cakerator!!! I wonder what her kitchen looks like?

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:04am
post #174 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

No idea how OP would know she's not licensed. As much as I'd like to claim I was a fly when she picked up the cake, I can't...so I don't know if she asked and baker is no longer online.+

She used to provide daycare thru her home and kept up the license she needed for the health department. As I mentioned in a previous post, when I ran my own business from home a license wasn't necessary. But I was insured....different business though.

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:05am
post #175 of 2203

Please, help, somebody put super glue in my chair and I can't get up! I checked the post this afternoon on page one then left for a while, got back and its in page 12. This is getting better and better, bad thing I don't have time to eat popcorn, I need to go to Michaels, the 40% coupon expires today and they will close in exactely 1 hour. I'll take the popcorn with me and imagine the scenario here on CC. No wine, I''ll be driving.
Mommakristin, my house looks like your PLUS all the instruments my sons have, guitar, guitarron, trumpet and saxophon,music stands, etc. I can just imagine if someone walks in when they are practicing or just finished practicing!
Finally, I got unglued! icon_lol.gif I'll check when I get back from Michaels, good thing is just about 15 mins. from here. Then I will get a Margarita. Who wants one, my husband prepares them reallllllly goooooood.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:05am
post #176 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

Hmm.

Is this taking place in Minnesota?

Nope

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:05am
post #177 of 2203
Quote:

Have a good night girls...this is a hoax!

No, you can't just say that and leave us all hanging!!! Give it up julzs....what are you trying to say? Are you the person playing the hoax?

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #178 of 2203

Ya know, I think we have been had. First CL only knew baker wasn't watching because she logged off of yahoo, then she knows she's at a party that CL didn't want to go to. Have I read the posts wrong? It's all too crop-circley

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #179 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Have we made history yet on the number of posts in one topic in the shortest amount of time?
Cakelurker, do you know why ktbug would be a member of CC? does she do some decorating? No special reason, I just thought it was weird from the beginning that someone who was buying decorated cake and cupcakes, just happened to be a member of CC

I think that this thread might rival the one about the stolen pictures last year.

Was that here or somewhere else? Something like that happened on a diary site I used to frequent.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:09am
post #180 of 2203

I think the OP should pay me for the cookies I just burnt for being hooked on this thread! lol Even if it is a hoax it's more entertaining than watching DH playing on his computer right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%