Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

teamsterbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamsterbabe Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:27am
post #121 of 2203

All right...you got me...you got me!!! I have the straw in my vino and a bowl of Kettle Corn and thought I would put my 2 cent's in...

First of all...all the Columbo's out there....the OP said that the MICROWAVE was smeared with grease...not the fridge.
Second...who doesn't have a Fridge in their kitchen?

In the eight pages of speed reading I never saw anyone mention these facts.
ALSO why EVEN hire a baker 40 miles away when there are bakers in the OP's town? Does she not have a back seat or trunk in her car to transport this alledged "cake". It was obviously not a stacked cake because it could fit in a "gift box" from the Wal-Mart. And cupcakes...come on...WE all know those will sit nicely on the lap of someone in the car. MAYBE the chimney-smokin' mama???

Just throwing that out there...since I am sitting here reading this sippin' wine out of a box with a swirly straw!! icon_cool.gif

cakelurker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #122 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

You were just waiting to be 'outed.' There's a cake board junkie lying in the deepest shadows inside of everyone of us. See what I mean eighteen posts later, CL? It was just a matter of time. icon_lol.gif

LOL. Seriously, I had no intentions of coming back after my first post. But figure if I keep posting I'll loose newbie status pretty soon. JK

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #123 of 2203

Dang....by the time this thread ends cakelurker will qualify to be a gallery supporter!

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:31am
post #124 of 2203

yeah, look I'm no longer called Newbie.

sugaluver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaluver Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:33am
post #125 of 2203

Okay, so I was going to bake some brownies for my family, but this is wayyyy more fun. LOL.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:33am
post #126 of 2203

Baker has a fridge. It's in the utility room, not in the kitchen. And like with everything else there's a reason behind that as well.

The OP wouldn't have seen it unless she'd been left alone in the house and went snooping.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:34am
post #127 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnorris

Okay, so I was going to bake some brownies for my family, but this is wayyyy more fun. LOL.

I want one. I like eating, just not the cooking part. icon_smile.gif

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:34am
post #128 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

LOL. Seriously, I had no intentions of coming back after my first post. But figure if I keep posting I'll loose newbie status pretty soon. JK

icon_lol.gif Love it!
Now, CL, you can't leave us now!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #129 of 2203
Quote:

yeah, look I'm no longer called Newbie.

That just may be a new record! Losing Newbie status in less than 24 hrs. You're definitely hooked, you can't leave us now. Come on, you know you want to sign up for that Wilton Cake class icon_lol.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:36am
post #130 of 2203

Off topic - but I didn't think your "Posts" number went up when you posted multiple replies in the same thread? I've posted in the same thread many times, and my post number remained the same as it was for my first post in that thread.

Sorry, had to ask. Feels good to doff "newbie" status, eh? (lol)

Back to the action....

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:37am
post #131 of 2203

"She had dirt/grease smeared on the microwave, the stove and the fridge was dirty on the outside."

when I read this, I thought the dirt/grease was on the appliances mentioned.

If I could get by with doing it, I would remove the fridge and the deep freezer out of my kitchen!

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #132 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug103

She had dirt/grease smeared on the microwave, the stove and the fridge was dirty on the outside.

teamsterbabe, put down the wine box and read slowly with me the above does say FRIDGE was dirty too. icon_lol.gif

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #133 of 2203

Looks like everything is at a stand still.

Oh, yahoo tells me whenever there's a new message. So, that explains why the baker was able to follow.

Ya know, I'm actually shocked that I've posted so much here. It's so unlike me.

sugaluver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaluver Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #134 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnorris

I want one. I like eating, just not the cooking part. icon_smile.gif

Well, I have 2 kids under two and with that being said...I figure my kitchen would get turned in for being too dirty! LOL.

Maybe I'll just get some wine too...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #135 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterbabe

First of all...all the Columbo's out there....the OP said that the MICROWAVE was smeared with grease...not the fridge.

Quote:

the stove and the fridge was dirty on the outside.

Hey, wait just a minute here. I got the crinkly Columbo coat, the cigar, the pretzels and some taco chips. Slow it down a bit on the speed reading and zero in on the comprehension, TB. icon_lol.gif

Signed,
Columbo-Wanna-Be

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #136 of 2203

This is a HOOT!

It reminds me of that scenerio you've seen a thousand times...

Two ladies in the bathroom talking about another woman while the one they are talking about is in the bathroom stall.....you never know who may be listenening...or on CC for that matter! LOL!

Page 10...and tha saga continues.....

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #137 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1970

Off topic - but I didn't think your "Posts" number went up when you posted multiple replies in the same thread? I've posted in the same thread many times, and my post number remained the same as it was for my first post in that thread.

Back to the action....

Excellent point!! I know when I joined, my posts number didn't change either when I posted repeatedly in the same thread. Man, Newbies today got it so much easier.................

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #138 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:

She had dirt/grease smeared on the microwave, the stove and the fridge was dirty on the outside.

teamsterbabe, put down the wine box and read slowly with me the above does say FRIDGE was dirty too. icon_lol.gif

Which was exactly why I thought it was important to point out that the fridge isn't even in the kitchen.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #139 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterbabe

Quote:

the stove and the fridge was dirty on the outside.

Hey, wait just a minute here. I got the crinkly Columbo coat, the cigar, the pretzels and some taco chips. Slow it down a bit on the speed reading and zero in on the comprehension, TB. icon_lol.gif

Signed,
Columbo-Wanna-Be

LMBO...too funny.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #140 of 2203

I feel like such a loser! I just sat here for I think 40 mins and read this whole thread! It's quite amusing.

I love the posts about the kids. I made a cake for my daughters friend this afternoon. Everybody at the party asked me "don't your kids pick at it?" My kids know the NUMBER 1 rule of the house is "don't touch mommy's cakes!" ...They fight, pull hair, yell, run around like crazy, throw toys everywhere... sure why not? Just make sure you DON'T TOUCH MOMMY'S CAKES or you're in for some real trouble!

I've got my kettle corn too, patiently waiting for the next news flash

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #141 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

And these are the days of our lifes....
Edna icon_lol.gif

I was thinking of the old Carol Burnett skit of "How the Stomach Turns" .... both (Carol's skit and this thread) qualify as a comedy spoof on the ridiculousness of the soap opera genre! icon_biggrin.gif

I know!!!....icon_lol.gif...Is unbelievable!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #142 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:

Back to the action....

Excellent point!! I know when I joined, my posts number didn't change either when I posted repeatedly in the same thread. Man, Newbies today got it so much easier.................

Yes, they do. They change at the same time on ALL posts. Your Post #1 doesn't stay at #1; Post #17 doesnt' stay at #17. If you go back and look at all posts you've ever made, they will all have the same number on them.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #143 of 2203

Have we made history yet on the number of posts in one topic in the shortest amount of time?
Cakelurker, do you know why ktbug would be a member of CC? does she do some decorating? No special reason, I just thought it was weird from the beginning that someone who was buying decorated cake and cupcakes, just happened to be a member of CC

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #144 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:

Back to the action....

LOL...I'm sorry for that. Honestly, I usually lurk.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:46am
post #145 of 2203

What I'm wondering, is why in the world the OP even came here to let us al know? She said maybe she should take classes now to make her own. Makes no sense to me why she felt the need to come to a bakers site to tells us all! Maybe she knew the baker was here and wanted to let her know indirectly that she reported her?

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:46am
post #146 of 2203

LOL

This is all really interesting.

I know that when I am working on a cake my kitchen looks like a powdered sugarnado when through. icon_biggrin.gif No matter how hard I try to keep the powdered sugar under control, it has a mind of it's own. icon_confused.gif

You CCrs think that toddlers are hard to handle when making a cake, try my teenagers!!! WOO!! You turn your back on them and your house might fall in!!!! I am constantly yelling at someone to pick up their shoes/backpacks/car keys.. you name it!!

Cakelurker - like everyone else I want to say thanks for staying on and keeping us informed. Maybe the OP will come back eventually and explain herself more. I think that there was a rush to report from the OP. Maybe she should have been more honest with the "baker" instead of being sneaky and reporting her especially after giving a tip!!! Obviously the health of herself and children is not that important otherwise the mom would not have been smoking in the car!! HELLO?!?!? Secondhand smoke is just as bad as bacteria IMO..

Saturday night with a little drama!!!! I am soo addicted!!!!

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:48am
post #147 of 2203

this is so interesting. My kids came telling me they were hungry, i ran in the kitchen threw a hot dog in the microwave and ran back so i wouldn't miss anything.

cakelurker Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #148 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Have we made history yet on the number of posts in one topic in the shortest amount of time?
Cakelurker, do you know why ktbug would be a member of CC? does she do some decorating? No special reason, I just thought it was weird from the beginning that someone who was buying decorated cake and cupcakes, just happened to be a member of CC

No, no idea. Unless you go by what she wrote in her orginal post saying she was going to sign up for decorating cake classes. Surely, if she was already doodling with decorating cakes she would have done her daughter's cake/cupcakes herself. Just an observation.

Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #149 of 2203

Hey Cindy531.........16 posts in 4 yrs icon_eek.gif Girl you've got a sh_ _ load of willpower! Even cakelurker, who just joined today has you beat icon_lol.gif Come on Cindy, let's get you up to at least 25 by midnight tonight.

P.S. Anyone live near me in MA, I really would like a glass of wine and I don't want to bother DH icon_razz.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #150 of 2203
Quote:

Looks like everything is at a stand still.

Oh, yahoo tells me whenever there's a new message. So, that explains why the baker was able to follow.

Ya know, I'm actually shocked that I've posted so much here. It's so unlike me.

We have sucked you in. Now first thing tomorrow, I want you to get up and go to Michael's and sign up for a class, and buy some supplies.

Next, decide whether you will be a scratch or box mix baker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%