Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #961 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

dkelley, sorry, you answered my question as I was writing it....See how fast you are!

It must be the adrenaline kicking in. Thank God I have Mondays off, I wouldn't want to cut anyone's hair in this condition. Is there a word for what we did this weekend?

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #962 of 2203

oh my gosh!!! i just spent way too much time here reading all 64pgs. I came on here to get a recipe, and was intrigued on what could possibly have 800+ posts, and got sucked in...hope my DH got some good History Chanel watching in while i wasted hours reading this. Thanks for the laughs, and the awesome soap opera drama (i'm partial to the abc soaps myself). Now i better go, so i can bake the recipe i came on here to get, and so my hubby can get on the computer!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #963 of 2203

I got sucked in last night and was up til 1:00AM reading. Fell asleep in church this morning. Just glad I didn't snore. Ha Ha

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #964 of 2203

Wow, this thread caught my attention, I read the first 17 pages, can't read anymore, eyes are crossed. I just want to mention to all though that just because you've been a member for awhile you don't always make post. I personally like to read what I think I will learn from, doesn't always require input on my part. Not to mention with kids and 2 jobs I have more that 20 minutes at a time to spend on the site, wish I had more.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #965 of 2203

QUESTION:
How was the OP able to pick the cake up a day early on a whim of going to the mall?
Wasn't she supposed to pick it up on Saturday and then decided to pick it up Friday since she was going to the mall?
What made OP think the cake would be ready a whole day earlier????

I am only on page 16 so if this is already over with then just ignore me..... hahahahhahahaha

Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:39am
post #966 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykay

Wow, this thread caught my attention, I read the first 17 pages, can't read anymore, eyes are crossed. I just want to mention to all though that just because you've been a member for awhile you don't always make post. I personally like to read what I think I will learn from, doesn't always require input on my part. Not to mention with kids and 2 jobs I have more that 20 minutes at a time to spend on the site, wish I had more.

Keep reading Sandy, I know you'll learn a lot from this thread, it's nuts.

OK this is official.........Goodnight my friends, thanks for a great weekend, sniff, sniff, I hate to see it come to an end icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:43am
post #967 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbeck101

QUESTION:
How was the OP able to pick the cake up a day early on a whim of going to the mall?
Wasn't she supposed to pick it up on Saturday and then decided to pick it up Friday since she was going to the mall?
What made OP think the cake would be ready a whole day earlier????

I am only on page 16 so if this is already over with then just ignore me..... hahahahhahahaha

OMG..........How the heck did we miss this important piece of the puzzle? The OP did say that she decided to just pick it up on Friday at the last minute because she was at the mall 10 min away from cakelady's house. hmmmmm............How did cakelady know she would be a day early and have the cake ready? Oh mannnnn...........

I know, I know, I said goodnight, I have a real problem saying goodbye. I'm the type that stands at the door still in conversation 30 minutes after saying goodbye to our hosts, it drives my DH craaaazy icon_razz.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:44am
post #968 of 2203

good night - gotta get my shower in now. icon_smile.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:45am
post #969 of 2203

wow icon_eek.gif I read it all... I'm not sure it's something I'm proud of ... but I read it all

and now I'm off to bed as well!

Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:49am
post #970 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug103

I know she has done wedding cakes in the past and I COULD NOT imagine.

from page1 of this thread........just picked up on this. If the OP didn't know this cake lady how does she know this bit of info? Now, I'm gonna wanna dissect every one of her posts icon_cry.gif

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:50am
post #971 of 2203
Quote:

I also forgot to add I do have pictures of the cake and cupcakes that I took in my trunk before I tossed them. I guess I could post them.. They are on my phone so I would have to e-mail them to myself. I really don't want to identify the baker by posting our small town names... I don't want to slander her personally. All I want from this is for no one else to make the same mistake I did. I don't have any hard feelings... I just don't want someone else to be out of their money with no edible cake.

My DH call this a FREUDIAN SLIP

SLANDER - A false defamation (expressed in spoken words, signs, or gestures) which injures the character or reputation of the person defamed; distinguished from libel.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:52am
post #972 of 2203

I'm telling ya, they sat around today playing the slamming shots game reading the posts! Com'on, I'm not the only one that remembers that ol' college days game! Yeah, we been had, crop circles, punked, howie do it. However ya frost it, it's the gotcha ganache cake here on Cake Central!

Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:00am
post #973 of 2203
Quote:

As to why I picked up the cake early - I live in a rural area. I had to go to the mall unexpectedly and the the bakers house was on my way... I went ahead and picked it up instead of picking it up today (thank God I had time to order another cake) and having to go about ten miles out of my way to do it on the day of a hectic party.

And this is the part of the story that makes no sense good call justbeck!

None of us really paid much attention to this little slip, you don't just show up a day early to pick up your order.

Goodnight, definitely goodnight I swear!

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #974 of 2203

Coming out of lurkdom to say this thread reminds of one a while back about the bride who decided to make her own Wedding cake and we never heard the outcome!! I think this is going to end up the same way. icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gif

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:17am
post #975 of 2203

I have been reading this all day--very entertaining but am off to bed. I can barely see any more. Thanks to all who posted for a very entertaining thread. Of course, I will have to check this thread in the morning for any updates. Good night, Ladies.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:34am
post #976 of 2203

Man, I stopped on page 50 to eat dinner, by the time the kids were fed and bathed it was up to 65! This thread was so addicting, I had to bring the laptop upstairs to finish! Unfortunately, I missed out on some "laundry night" fun! icon_sad.gif DH fell asleep before I could finish reading icon_lol.gificon_sad.gificon_redface.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:44am
post #977 of 2203

Well, it only took my two days, but I finally read it all! My husband and kids aren't very happy though!

I have a friend with two cats and everytime I walk into her house she is freaking out about the smell...which I have never smelt...I hate it when she comes to my house! The stress!

I have a horrible feeling that we may never know what really went down...hoax or not...but at least it gave me a good laugh - ya'll are funny!

*Had to throw the ya'll in...I'm from Canada, so figure that one out! haha icon_confused.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:46am
post #978 of 2203

The one thing this tread ismissing is this... icon_lol.gif

If you don't get the joke click here for the explination.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:16am
post #979 of 2203

I tried sooooooo hard to read all the pages. Just can't make it. Too tired. Quit typing ppl!!!

The health dept. does call when a complaint is made.

The "slander" comment is prolly true. Hmm.... I'm rethinking this one.

Two questions here.
1. Why did the OP take a picture of the cupcakes right before throwing them away?
2. Why is the title "officially embarassed"?

ETA: Yall need to stop posting until I can catch up. That's right, I said Yall. And I aint from GA. LOL Did Yall get the aint in that? Okay I guess I've been up too long. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:34am
post #980 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:

As to why I picked up the cake early - I live in a rural area. I had to go to the mall unexpectedly and the the bakers house was on my way... I went ahead and picked it up instead of picking it up today (thank God I had time to order another cake) and having to go about ten miles out of my way to do it on the day of a hectic party.

And this is the part of the story that makes no sense good call justbeck!

None of us really paid much attention to this little slip, you don't just show up a day early to pick up your order.

Goodnight, definitely goodnight I swear!

OMG you had to leave us with THIS cliffhanger??

OK, who is going to volunteer to read every one of these (now) 68 pages worth of posts (actually you don't have to read that many, you can just go into the profiles of the Big 3 (baker/customer/friend) and read their posts) and really come up with a solid explanation (including that we've been punk'd)? Come on, you can do it. The emoticons are hilarious but they won't sustain us for 68 more pages. I'm beginning to feel so empty already.
Here's my theory: If you read the first letter of each sentence of each of their posts, it will spell out the answer. Image

jeepgirl9478 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeepgirl9478 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:38am
post #981 of 2203

oh holy heck I finally made it threw every single post of all 66 pages! And yet here I wait to see if this post ever comes to an end.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:39am
post #982 of 2203

Oh... my... I just got to the end of page 66. Someone said it took 2 hours to read thru the first 48 or something. I dunno how that can happen. I must be a s-l-o-w reader. And all the way thru, every time I finished a page, the pagecount was getting bigger and bigger! I can't believe this has 65 pages right now...prolly be 70 pages by the time I finish this post. The last time I looked it had 50,000 views! Crazy!

This has been another episode of "While the Buttercream Crusts"

edited to say: 60989 views now! OMG! we all need to get out more icon_biggrin.gif

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:45am
post #983 of 2203

and somewhere along the line (or thread) I missed the pink haired stripper! LOL

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:50am
post #984 of 2203

This is the thread that never ends...it goes on and on my friend. Some poster started posting it, not knowing that she was...starting an obsession....cause for all of us this surely was.....the thread that never ends...it goes on and on my friend....

sorry, that got stuck in my head. And it occured to me that maybe the reason the kitchen was so dirty(?) was because of the earlier than expected pickup?!?! icon_razz.gif

jeepgirl9478 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:54am
post #985 of 2203

thanks kellbell i will be singing that song all night..lol

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:56am
post #986 of 2203

Kinda regretting it myself now cause it's stuck in mine too. lol But I finally made it out of newbie status!!

jeepgirl9478 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:01am
post #987 of 2203

at least you version of the song is better

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:19am
post #988 of 2203

Okay........UNCLE!!!

I am on page 43. I discovered this post at about 7:30 on Sunday evening and have been reading since and it is now 2:15 am on Monday! This is insane. For every page I read, two more miraculously appear.

Anyway, so far the only thing I will say (besides that some of the crazy antics/posts have had me in stitches) is that I do recognize Spencersmom's name from about a year ago or so. So even though she doesn't post much (nor do I anymore), she is a true CCer.

Now it's time for me to go to sleep like a good caker should. I'll be back though to finish this post (probably as a lurker unless I feel I can add something worth a darn to this basically sad thread).

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:41am
post #989 of 2203

OH MY GOSH!!!! Now that it is 2:40am in my neck of the woods, I am going to bed!!! But thanks for the great story and the great laughs! I hate what happened and it completely sucks.....

Night night everyone!

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:55am
post #990 of 2203

fun reading...I had to work all weekend and this was a great getaway from doing housework. I was trying, like everyone else, to get caught up on the many many pages...then Jodie F posted those awesome recipes and I had to stop and save them.

I'm glad I work in a bakery and don't have to worry about dripping faucets, crooked cabinets, or greasy nonexistent refrigerators. I live alone so don't have to worry about throwing one hot dog in the microwave to feed my entire family. No worries about doing laundry. I strip my own paint..don't have to bring in a pink haired one.

stephaniescakenj ~~~~~~~~ I think it is a watermelon on the cat...it has darker green stripes, not typical of a lime. I think the cat is a mountain lion, with a watermelon helmet.

I would leave a super cute emoticon now, but haven't had time to carefully read the how to instructions yet.

I think the name of this thread is appropriate....we are all officially embarrassed that we have nothing better to do than ramble on.....and just for the record the word embarrassed was spelled incorrectly......how embarrassing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%