Kitchenaid Mixer Just Died... Now What?!

Decorating By nisha_ru Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 1:04am by nisha_ru

nisha_ru Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 4

Ack! My 6 year old 6qt pro Kitchenaid mixer just died! Good news my batch of icing finished first. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one but is there another mixer I should consider over this one? I don't do a lot of cakes, some months 3 or 4 and some months none.
But I do have a cake next weekend that I will need a hd mixer for so I have to decide FAST!

3 replies
yellobutterfly Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisha_ru

Ack! My 6 year old 6qt pro Kitchenaid mixer just died! Good news my batch of icing finished first. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one but is there another mixer I should consider over this one? I don't do a lot of cakes, some months 3 or 4 and some months none.
But I do have a cake next weekend that I will need a hd mixer for so I have to decide FAST!

I feel your pain, I think killing a mixer is one of my biggest fears!

I have heard that Williams Sonoma and Costco both have very lenient return/exchange policies, so that's where I'd shop for it!

nisha_ru Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 4

I guess I should add the I have to shop online... I live in the middle of nowhere and only have walmart to shop at, target is 80 miles but I don't think they carry anything either, so then I would have to drive 200 miles to Denver and really don't think that's going to happen!

nisha_ru Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 4

So any opinions on other brands of mixers?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%