How Much Do You Charge For Your Tiered Cookie Cakes?

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 6:45pm by Newatdecorating

Newatdecorating Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 13

Trying to get an idea of how much people charge for their cookie cakes. I've only seen one picture where someone listed a price of $4 and was wishing she had charged more. The number of cookies vary from two or three for each of the three sizes.

I'm planning on using 3 1/2-inch, 2 1/2-inch & 2-inch cutters. Can't decide if I want to do two cookies of each or three. I'll use RBC and maybe put a simple royal icing flower on top.

Any suggestions?

12 replies
cookieman Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 13

Dear Newatdecorating,

If this is what you are talking about, then the baker stated in the comments that she would charge no less than $10 a cookie next time she makes them. And I agree. I hope this helps.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1280245

KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 13

If I ever had an order for them I'd probably price them the same way I price cookies....meaning, add up the cost of each cookie and there you have it, I mean there is no structural expenses involved or anything with them......besides, glueing them together has got to be quicker than decorating each cookie individually with a monogram or something right?? Again, I've not made them personally, but that's how I would be prone to charge.....of course after dealing with the little buggers I might jack that price lol

SpringFlour Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 13

I haven't sold them, but I'd have to say I'd charge at least $8-$10. If you figure that they're getting 6 (or at least 4 for a 2 tiered cake) cookies for each cake, it's a pretty good deal. Especially if you're adding extra details like flowers on top. And the packaging costs money, too!!

cookieman Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

If I ever had an order for them I'd probably price them the same way I price cookies....meaning, add up the cost of each cookie and there you have it, I mean there is no structural expenses involved or anything with them......besides, glueing them together has got to be quicker than decorating each cookie individually with a monogram or something right?? Again, I've not made them personally, but that's how I would be prone to charge.....of course after dealing with the little buggers I might jack that price lol

This thinking is actually flawed as you are spending a lot more time and ingredients baking cookies than a "regular" order. Example: the bride orders 100 "regular" cookies; that's 100 cookies baked. A bride orders 100 cookie cakes with three tiers and two cookies a tier; that's 600 cookies baked!!! icon_eek.gif

-K8memphis Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

Quote:

This thinking is actually flawed as you are spending a lot more time and ingredients baking cookies than a "regular" order. Example: the bride orders 100 "regular" cookies; that's 100 cookies baked. A bride orders 100 cookie cakes with three tiers and two cookies a tier; that's 600 cookies baked!!! icon_eek.gif

KH can speak for herself of course but pretty sure that what you said is what she meant that she'd charge for 600 cookies. Then you'd prolly add on a bit for some good reason. Like for decor and pia factor, packaging stuff like that.

KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 13

yes, exactlly.......I would charge my regular price x 600 cookies. For instance if one cookie cake was made up of 2-3" cookies, and 2-4" cookies for instance and I charge a dollar an inch for my cookies (I actually charge on .50, but that's another issue lol), then you would have a cookie cake costing $14.00 each! Or in my case-$7.00 each

KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 13

oh and yes, packaging would definitely be extra (as it always is with my cookies unless they just want them to arrive in a bakery box), and any extra decor such as fondant accents/flowers would be more too. But again, I do that with my regular cookies.

cookieman Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:

yes, exactlly.......I would charge my regular price x 600 cookies. For instance if one cookie cake was made up of 2-3" cookies, and 2-4" cookies for instance and I charge a dollar an inch for my cookies (I actually charge on .50, but that's another issue lol), then you would have a cookie cake costing $14.00 each! Or in my case-$7.00 each

Gotcha...I misunderstood! Sorry! icon_biggrin.gif

These cookies are very nice, but think how long it would take to bake all those cookies. I'm not sure it's even worth $14/cookie!

-K8memphis Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:20pm
post #10 of 13

I thnk I would rather do three nice fat thick cookies meself.

cookieman Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I thnk I would rather do three nice fat thick cookies meself.

I think I'd actually like to EAT three nice fat cookies myslef!!! icon_lol.gif

And I think I will...see ya!

KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:24pm
post #12 of 13

[email protected]..that does sound good!

Newatdecorating Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:45pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you all! You have been very helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%