Cousin Steals Brides Cake Concept For Her Own Wedding!

Decorating By TOMAY Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 6:02pm by TOMAY

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #31 of 66

OMG...Too funny funcakes! You are right, if the cousin is trying to play the "one upmanship" game she will hang herself...LOL!

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:04am
post #32 of 66

UPDATE!
Met with the Bride Friday and all is well once I showed her several cake designs she agreed. I spent all day today making cake jewelry for the cake I will have to order more crystals for the cake to make it more blingy ! Dear old Mother of the Bride was more upset about family tension . We have sent word through to dear sweet cousin that we have changed the cake to a Donut tower and cupcakes in her colors, and just to make it sound like my brides idea she included that we were monogramming the cupcakes and sprinkling edible gold flakes. We also let her know that we were doing matching ribbon bows around the cupcakes that we "special ordered" from the florist. According to the florist "spy" she called Sat. and ordered 5 spools of matching ribbon. I was about to die laughing when they told me that she had actually called to order the ribbon. The Bride called her and let her know that since she was having her wedding so close to hers that she dod not need to worry about spending money to be a bridesmaid that she was able to find someone else to fill her spot!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:10am
post #33 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAY

..... that we have changed the cake to a Donut tower and cupcakes in her colors,

Oh this is going to be a better story than that other big thread that's running!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:24am
post #34 of 66

icon_biggrin.gif Ask for pictures!!

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:40am
post #35 of 66

Yes! Please keep us updated and post a pic of the cake you create for your Bride icon_biggrin.gif
I cant wait to see it.

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:10am
post #36 of 66
Quote:

UPDATE!
The Bride called her and let her know that since she was having her wedding so close to hers that she dod not need to worry about spending money to be a bridesmaid that she was able to find someone else to fill her spot!

Is this really happening, or is someone trying her hand at fiction?

Because this, if it's true, is pathetic.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisieBake

Quote:

UPDATE!
The Bride called her and let her know that since she was having her wedding so close to hers that she dod not need to worry about spending money to be a bridesmaid that she was able to find someone else to fill her spot!

Happens all the time .... read the true stories on www.etiquettehell.com

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:37am
post #38 of 66

It sounds like you have things well in hand. I love the concept of the different shaped cakes.
Family rivalry exists and can be really awful. I'm glad you were able to fix things for your bride.
I would love to see pictures after you are done!!!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:05pm
post #39 of 66

Oh my! Now I'm confused because I LOVE donuts and not cake. I would be so disappointed if I went to a wedding looking forward to a DONUT TOWER, something from my dreams, and found a cake, no matter how blingy. Should have told her a ding-dong and twinkie tower.

Good faking, however!

cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:06pm
post #40 of 66

As the Cake Turntable Turns!, These are the Cakes of our Lives, All My Cupcakes, General Bakery, One Cake To Eat, The Baker and the Bride, okay i'll stop icon_smile.gif

TOMAY Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:02am
post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisieBake

Quote:

UPDATE!

I wish I could come up with something like this off the top of my head but the story is true. The other half of the story is that the two brides were in each others wedding. The cousin of my bride who is upset that my bride is getting married 3 months after her. The cousin of the bride had already asked my bride to be a bridesmaid which was accepted, and dress was purchased. The cousin had not purchased the bridesmaid dress but was asked to be in my brides wedding. The cousin was complaining about cost and my brides date then has changed things in her wedding to match my brides. Its sad but oh so true . These girls are very close so I am sure they will have drama normally but I hope all is fixed for their futures sake! and for mine I do not like the whole drama crap

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:36pm
post #42 of 66

icon_lol.gif This is so funny! I cannot wait to see pics of your cake, and the PITA cousin's donut & cupcake tower.

The picture I really want to see: PITA cousin's face when she walks into the bride's reception, sees the cake, and realizes she's been had. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #43 of 66

Ive been to a wedding where it was a krispy kreme donut cake, looked beautiful actually, I wish I had taken a pic, but I didnt.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:26pm
post #44 of 66

You have to post again with an update after the cousin's wedding.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #45 of 66

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I don't know if anyone has thought of this but why not a petal shaped base with the bride's actual pageant crowns in front of each petal and her biggest, blingiest crown as a topper?

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #46 of 66

Use the wilton cake icer tip to ice the petal cake....it works like acharm.

dolphindreamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphindreamers Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:00pm
post #47 of 66

I can't wait to see pictures and hear what happens! This is better than any soap opera on tv!

cakesdivine Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:01pm
post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

I haven't read the whole thread yet so I don't know if anyone has thought of this but why not a petal shaped base with the bride's actual pageant crowns in front of each petal and her biggest, blingiest crown as a topper?

I actually gave her that idea with the second post in this thread. But great minds think alike thumbs_up.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:12pm
post #49 of 66

cakesdivine - Then, you must be one of those "Don't mess with me, I won't mess with you" kind of gals, too cause I know that's exactly what I'd do with her cake. (I'd probably give her a discount just so MY bride could rub it in.)

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 10:36pm
post #50 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

..... that we have changed the cake to a Donut tower and cupcakes in her colors,

Oh this is going to be a better story than that other big thread that's running!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

What's the other big thread running?

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:03pm
post #51 of 66

The big thread probably back in January.

I want to know... Did the cousin have her wedding yet?

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:37pm
post #52 of 66

My daughter was a dancer and we went through alot of rhinestones for her costumes. You can find the loose ones online, all colors or just clear, some at decent prices. Just take some E6000 glue, or fabric glue and put them on a ribbon for some bling border. The AB's are the ones that have a little rainbow hue to them.

chassidyg Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #53 of 66

Has either wedding happened yet?

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #54 of 66

Can't wait for update. I'm sure the bride's new cake will be bigger and getter. Pictures please when done!
Family upstaging can be aweful for all family members.

jsweetspot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsweetspot Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:01pm
post #55 of 66

this story reminds me of how my cousin woud act...for some reason she has always been real competitive with me and I really don't know why. She is only a year younger then me and her mother and my mother are sisters, she is horrible. Always had to steal something from me or my idea. I said I wanted to play tennis in high school-suddenly she became the tennis star, I started riding western pleasure horses-suddenly she had a 4500 pleasure horse, every boyfriend I have ever had she has either gotten with or tried to get with...I don't get it I really dont. She's even like that with my two kids, constantly trying to get them to like her more then me, she will talk down about me to my boys. It's really ridiculous, the less time I spend around her the better.

chassidyg Posted 9 May 2009 , 5:58pm
post #56 of 66

Jsweet, that's really sad! My sis in law can be like that, as far as anything I bake or decorate or own, she has to have it or she wants every recipe I come up with, I keep telling her they are for the shop I want to open soon! SOOOOOOO annoying! She's been the cause of me almost divorcing her brother more then once, the lies she has come up with are amazing!

TOMAY Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:55am
post #57 of 66

Just an updatr My brides wedding was today and a huge success, Her cousin had her wedding it was nice but no dougnut cake Mine I think is still better here is a pic thanks for all everyones help and Sugarshack for a great video

TOMAY Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #58 of 66

Sorry the picture with not upload the Pic named brittany in my pics is the cake I made.

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 3:11pm
post #59 of 66

Beautiful cake icon_smile.gif

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm
post #60 of 66

Gorgeous cake!! I wanna see the cousins cake!! i bet yours was way better... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%