Where Can I Get Wooden Cookie Sticks?

Baking By tujy Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 4:24pm by shiney

tujy Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 6

hi all

can anyone tell me where i can get those wooden cookie sticks the pros use for cookie bouquets? somewhere in sydney australia preferably or somewhere that does cheap international shipping.

i've already tried the paper sticks and don't really like them because they absorb the butter from the oookies and turn yellow. is there a particular type of wood i should go for? pine? hardware store wood? don't really want to use the bamboo skewers from the supermarket...

TIA

5 replies
shiney Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 6

Tujy: Have you considered attaching your stick to the bag instead of the cookie itself? I get cookie or lollipop sticks from Michaels

GayeG Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 12:52am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney

Tujy: Have you considered attaching your stick to the bag instead of the cookie itself? I get cookie or lollipop sticks from Michaels

Shiney - just curious .. how do you manage this? Doesnt the stick just fall out, even tying the bag tightly?

Tug Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:06am
post #4 of 6

I've seen people tape the stick to the inside of the bag. Then you put your cookie in the bag and tie a ribbon. The stick is on the backside of the cookie and appears to be a part of the cookie until you untie the bag and take the cookie out.

GayeG Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 6

Tug -

well, now that does make perfect sense! Guess I had a dunce.gif moment! Thanx for helping me outta my fog!

And THATS how Ive gained 10 pds in a month - eating all those durn cookies thats fell off the sticks! Now, I have NO excuse icon_redface.gif

shiney Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 6

Gaye: What I do is I hotglue the sticks to the bags, very close to the top, then I take about a five-inch piece of packing tape and tape over the stick. So the stick is hotglued and taped to the bag. I do several at a time, two different sizes sticks. That way they are already ready to go when I am. That way I am free to bake, freeze, decorate cookies without dealing with the stick. I put the cookie in the bag, tie with a ribbon as close to the cookie as possible without breaking the cookie! If I have one that is trying to turn on me, I take a smaller piece of packing tape and sort of tape the front of the bag back to the stick (can you visualize what I mean?) I don't use those bambo skewers unless I'm in a pinch for a long stick, They tend to splenter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%