What Are My Choices For Cupcake Liners?

Baking By Price Updated 12 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm by DropofLove

Price Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:02am
post #1 of 12

I don't make cupcakes very often. I saw Aine2's monkey and bear cupcake toppers and thought they were really cute, so I decided to try to make some cupcake toppers that would work for Easter. (I know, I'm a little ahead of time, but I'm ready for spring! lol) So far I have made a duck and a rabbit. I'm currently working on a little girl, and a boy.

My problem is the liner. When I make cupcakes, I have trouble with the liner looking greasy or the cake showing thru. Especially if the cupcakes are chocolate. I know I could use foil cups, but I was wondering is there anyone who makes a paper liner that is a little heavier that gives a nicer appearance and doesn't allow the grease to soak thru. I'm not looking for the type of holders that are lazer cut at the top with a design. I am looking for a normal looking 2 1/2 in cup, but nicer paper than the normal, if that makes sense?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

11 replies
cookieman Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 12

I recently purchesed these:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=632608

The description says they are greaseproof, but I haven't used them yet (I will be using them tomorrow, Saturday 1/24). They are definitley sturdier than the usual storebought liners I've used in the past. This site has some other nice designs.

By the way...They arrived about a week after ordering (exactly on the day quoted via UPS gorund) and were packed well along with 2 other items I purchased. I would order from this site again.

JulesM7 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 12

These were recommended on Bakerella's blog:

http://www.confectioneryhouse.com/home.php?cat=507

I haven't used them yet, but they are supposed to be more opaque. The site says they are greaseproof, so maybe they would work.

want2bcupcakequeen Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:45am
post #4 of 12

I've order cupcake cups from www.fancyflours.com and was happy with the quality and shipping time. When I signed up for their newsletter I received a code for free shipping which was good because I thought their shipping was a bit high.

snarkybaker Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 12

The confectionary house papers are very good...very expensive, but good.

jukesbox Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:46am
post #6 of 12

I've been baking cupcakes tonight with the same result -- can't see the design. I made red velvet and chocolate which are both dark batters. When they came out of the oven, I couldn't tell that they were in Valentine liners. Needless to say, I'm frustrated that they do this. I'm going to have to try the liners from countrykitchensa.com (a place I LOVE by the way!). Let us know how these turn out!

meriya Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 12

I've purchased cupcake liners from sellers on etsy.com
Do a search for cupcake liners under 'supplies'
Love the reasonable shipping prices too.
warning: etsy is addictive!

sweetiesbykim Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 12

I'm looking for some cups to match a fabric the customer has. I might bake in white and set in a colored/patterned cup, just for looks and to hide the grease marks.

DropofLove Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 12

I ordered some brown liners from cupcake swirl. I also haven't used them, will be today lol
I agree with pp about etsy, it is addicting. haha icon_smile.gif
Good luck

cownsj Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 12

I like any papers that are made with glassine. They really work nicely, and the brown papers I used remained looking nice and brown, no cupcake colors showed through. The best prices I could find recently are from papermart.com. I had to make 900 mini cupcakes in 6 flavor combination for a formal black and white themed wedding reception. I used the brown papers for all of them and they worked perfectly for me. Not one place where any grease leaked through. http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=21220&SubGroupID=21191#21191. I also had to do homemade candies and used the same cups with the same results. I haven't tried their white ones yet, but will be getting them soon. Their prices are great.

cownsj Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 12

I'd just like to add, that when I did my mini cupcakes, I used the size 6A (1 1/4" x 7/8"), and used a one tablespoon measure for my batter. I got perfect cupcakes that just crowned over the tops of the papers and the sizes remained very consistent. Saved me tons of stress and lost cupcakes because they were a consistent size.

DropofLove Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm
post #12 of 12

OK I made my cupcakes using the brown liners from cupcake swirl. They turned out great. They look exactly like they did before I put them in the oven. I big thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%