How Far Ahead Can I Complete Mmf Cake?

Decorating By debbs0723 Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm by Amenagerie

debbs0723 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:18am
post #1 of 5

I just started using Marshmallow fondant. I have two cakes to do on Saturday and was wondering how far ahead I can do them and everything still tastes fresh. I've already done the first cake and I am hoping for the best but that one is for family. The other one is for money. If I go ahead and do the buttercream underneath and cover in the fondant will it still be good on Saturday?

I had heard someone say in the wilton discussion forum that they cover with a towel so that some air still gets in. Any advice?

Thanks,
Debbie

4 replies
chilz822 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 5

I don't know what the 'rules" are, but I made one (the one in my avatar) on a Saturday night and took it in to work the following Monday aftrenoon and it was still fine. The cake inside was very moist... I used the 'durable' recepie on this site, the Buttercream Dream, and MMF.

JodieF Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 5

It should be fine for a few days. The fondant will really help seal in the freshness!

Jodie

SweetStuff30 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

I made one on tuesday.. for a friend cuz she wanted 4 cakes for her kids bday... so i made the first one on tuesday then the next 3 durning the week and gave it to her on the sat and the first one was fine, not sure if i would do that for an actual customer though.. but the cake was still gooood

Amenagerie Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 5

I'm confuzzled.
My daughter and I have just made our first batch of MMF. If we complete the cake, using BC...do we store this in the fridge or on the counter?? We have used the Wilton fondant in the past and sometimes it breaks down and sometimes it didn't. We really have NO clue. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%