Can Anyone Give Me Ideas On A Cookie Class?

Baking By cakesmade4u Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 1:50am by cakesmade4u

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:07am
post #1 of 5

OK.... I offered to do a cookie class that would help moms to learn how to decorate cookies...
I'm setting up diffrent stations, I don't want to go overboard, but want it to be fun and easy...I'm donating the cookies and supplies. Now I need ideas that are easy and affordable or on the cheap side.......Can anyone help? Thanks

4 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:12am
post #2 of 5

I have taught numerous classes. I try to pick a few cookies and show step by step how to do them. I find most people really enjoy the hands-on aspect and like to put their own spin on cookies once they are shown the basics. (Outlining, flooding, etc...)
Good luck with your class-Nice of you to donate the materials. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesmade4u Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the respond I have to many ideas I though of and now I need to choose one or two. I don't want to overwelm the 1st time students
my ideas were
1. stamp class stamping on the cookies
2. coloring on the cookies
3. theme class princess make wands shoe and crown to decorate
4. flower class
5. painting on the cookie
6. cookie with dinos or other small figurings and make grass etc... on them
but not to advanced.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 5

Those all look great for a class. Just remember, if you are using royal icing as your decorating medium, to base-coat a lot of cookies in advance so your students can do all of the techniques. Good luck with the class.

cakesmade4u Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

Thanks I was thinking the same and I may do 1 to 2 because the time crunch. Wish me luck... icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%