Fondant Powder???

Decorating By Crystalm Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm by weirkd

Crystalm Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 2

Help! I am trying to make little mini cakes coated in "liquid fondant". The recipe calls for fondant powder? Well I cannot find it in the stores. Is there a way to make regular fondant have a more runny liquid type consistency?? Should I just scratch that idea and used colored icing instead? Hopefully this makes sense!! Forgive me I am a rookie!! Thanks ladies!!icon_sad.gif

1 reply
weirkd Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 2

Powdered fondant is only sold where the candymaking stuff is or cake decorating stores. Its the stuff that actually makes the liquid centers for chocolate covered cherries (along with the juice of the cherry) and for your fillings.
I dont believe there is anyway you can use cake fondant to do the same thing. I dont believe its the same product.
But I know there are petit four icing recipes on here that I believe you dont need powdered fondant for. I think their made with confectionary sugar and milk, etc. depending on the type.
But if you have to have the powdered fondant, try places that sell chocolate making supplies like Candylandcrafts. Im not sure if Michaels or craftstores sell it either!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%