Could You Pls Help Me With A Cake Combo??

Decorating By marion123 Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 5:22am by mjballinger

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 8

Wondering if you could help me... Do you think this cake combo would be good? Chocolate cake with Cream Cheese friosting.... What do you guys think?

Thanks so much

7 replies
j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 8

Well, it just so happens that I am of the opinion that "cream cheese makes EVERYTHING better"!! Of course, if you have people who don't like one or the other, it might not be their favorite, but there's no reason that the flavors themselves won't work together.

lacyttfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacyttfn Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 8

I get requests for this combo quite often. I personally think its a great combo! thumbs_up.gif

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 8

I think it sounds yummy!

j-pal, I say that all the time, except I say it about bacon. One of these days I'm gonna find a way to bake a cake with bacon. lol. That sounds gross!

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 8

I just had a bride choose the flavor combination today. Her entire cake is chocolate with cream cheese buttercream. The fillings are black raspberry, and one tier alternating strawberry and cream cheese. Both the bride and groom seemed to enjoy the flavors.

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

j-pal, I say that all the time, except I say it about bacon. One of these days I'm gonna find a way to bake a cake with bacon. lol. That sounds gross!

Yes... that sounds gross! icon_lol.gif You could always do what the Ace of Cakes crew did... they made fondant bacon and made "bacon roses" on a cake for Duff... it was a cute idea!

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 8
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 5:22am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

Bacon Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake....

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/09/bacon-peanut-butter-chocolate-cupcake.html

icon_smile.gif

Thank you! I only wish there was a recipe... I did follow a link on that page and ended up finding chocolate covered bacon, which got really good reviews. maybe I'll try that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%