Please Advise - I Need Silver Fondant

Decorating By sugaah Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 8:17pm by bizatchgirl

sugaah Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 9

Need silver colored fondant - not a silver finish but actual silver frosting. Any suggestions? Thanks

8 replies
bizatchgirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 9

Gray fondant then airbrushed? I don't think you're going to get an actual silver unless it is just a finish. I have a pic of a stethoscope and it is white fondant covered with silver highlighter powder.

misabel99 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 9

Americolor has a Silver Sheen color I have but only for my airbrush and iI love it thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 9

Yeah, you'll have to paint the fondant, either with silver edible paint, or air brush it.

SugarBakerz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 9

the americolor airbrush silver sheen is great if you have an airbrush. I used it on the snare drum cake in my gallery, it looks silver. The gold is great too, I did an entire 50th anniversary cake (also in my gallery) sprayed with it.

sugaah Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks y'all - bizatchgirl did you brush paint the color on? misabel99 I don't mind airbrush l- start with grey fondant as the writer suggests or white? Does the product give a good silver finish? Thanks again y'all!!!!!!!!!

sugaah Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 9

Having just looked at the airbrush silver sheen at GSA I think I like it and that's th way to go. You are all my heroes! Thank You Now what about black fondant? Am I correct in remembering from this forum to start with chocolate and mix in black? Who has the best choc fondant?

KoryAK Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 9

The darker gray you start with the darker your silver will be. If you just airbrush white fondant it will be kinda light. You could also airbrush white with diluted black to make it gray before going over it with the silver for the same effect.

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:17pm
post #9 of 9

Definitely start with chocolate fondant if you want black. I think you'll never get a true black if you start with white fondant. I have taken Wilton's fondant and added cocoa powder to get chocolate, then added black. I know Wilton's is yuck, but it's easy to work with and accessible.

From what I hear, Chocopan is a huge favorite for chocolate fondant. Good taste and good to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%