Walmart Sheet Cakes

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 4:43am by Pebbles1727

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know what size the full size sheet cake is for wal-mart?

8 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 9

I would just call them and ask them the dimensions and how many it serves, but I would guess that it's roughly equal to 4 quarter-sheets (13"x9").

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 9

Since they say a full sheet serves 96, I would assume it's an 18x24.

Be warned if you call to get dimensions. I called a local grocery one time and asked how much a cake was and how big was it? The guy told me "it's a half sheet".

I said, "How big is that?"
He said, "Well, it's a full sheet, cut in half."
I said, "I'm sure that my sheet pan in my cabinet isn't as big as yours. I need to know the dimensions of the cake. How big is it in inches?"
He said, "I dont' know .... they're shipped in to us already baked and iced and they're labeled half sheet."
(I'm thinking: Good God, he just told a customer their cakes aren't baked on site!)
I said, "Well could you go get a ruler and MEASURE it for me????"

After being on hold for 18 minutes (yes, I timed it), he came back and said he couldn't find a ruler. I said, "So your aisle that has school supplies in it doesn't have a ruler?"

He said, "oh ... I didnt' think of that."

He put me on hold. I hung up.

There's a reason some people can only make minimum wage. icon_eek.gif

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:24am
post #4 of 9

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought would happen if I ask. Maybe I should just take a ruler to the store with me.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 8:35am
post #5 of 9

Heck, I wouldn't even take one with me after that, just walk over to hardware and borrow one for the covert mission!
(just don't forget to return it!)

icon_biggrin.gif

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:51am
post #6 of 9

I am a cake decorator for walmart and I can't say that I know the exact dimensions of our full sheet off the top of my head either.... But I do know where the school supplies aisle is!

All of our cakes come in frozen half sheet size and we cut them in half or put two together to get 1/4's and wholes. I wanna say that our 1/4 is a little smaller than a 9 x 13 just don't quote me on that.

I do know that we tell people our full sheets feed 80 to 100 people I don't know if that helps at all.

( oh and cake decorators do make more than minimum wage, it's actually one of the better paying positions at wal mart. still not a number to brag about though)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:33am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkisscakes

( oh and cake decorators do make more than minimum wage, it's actually one of the better paying positions at wal mart. still not a number to brag about though)

please allow me to clarify ... I didnt' mean to imply everyone at a grocery store bakery made minimum wage .... just the one guy I talked to who couldn't figure out how to find a ruler ... let alone READ one! icon_lol.gif

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:55am
post #8 of 9

oh i know what you mean, i didn't mean for that to sound snippy. I work with a lot of really dumb people. When customers comment on the intelligence of my fellow employees or the backwards ways the store goes about things, I usually just smile and say "welcome to wal mart" lol

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:43am
post #9 of 9

I don't know exact sizes, but it's smaller than what you expect. Few weeks back I bought a box for their 1/4 sheet cake for personal use. I believe the standard size is 9x13 and well, I had to chop an inch on each side of my cake and even then it was pretty tight fit.
P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%