Why Doctors Are Not Veterinarians

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 5:21am by redpanda

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:05pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

summernoelle it sounds like a very fun and interesting job. Do you still work with animals? (besides bridezillas.....just kidding icon_lol.gif )

When I heard this clone story my first thought was, how does this couple really know that it was successful and they didn't just give them a puppy of the same breed as their original dog? Are the personalities exact in the cloned animal?

I can think of a lot better things to do with 150k, especially in this economy. It takes all kinds to make the world go around icon_rolleyes.gif

No-I gave up my dream of being a vet when I discovered I was pg with my first. That sounds terrible the way I put it, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me! I wanted to be home with my kids, and not miss a single thing. If I was in vet school-it would be a lot like med school, and I would never be home. So, it wasn't worth it for me.

It was a great job! But now I have cakes, which are even better.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:33pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

It was a great job! But now I have cakes, which are even better.

Yea........and at least the cakes can't bite you! icon_biggrin.gif

One of my client's sons was an Accountant for years and just wasn't happy. He recently graduated from Tufts Vet School in Boston and he's 59 yrs old. I thought you'd like to hear that. Never give up your dream, you never know you may go back to school someday when your kids are grown, like this man did. His Mom says he's never been happier.

summernoelle Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:34pm
post #33 of 36

That is a great story!

Honestly, the thought of going back and conquering Organic Chemistry gives me nightmares. It really does. I would have to start all over with chemistry, because I don't remember a thing. icon_biggrin.gif And I don't want to remember it, either! icon_biggrin.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:18am
post #34 of 36

O-Chem is the reason I changed majors in college! It was the worst class I ever took, and I have taken some doozies. (Including one with a 90-100 page paper as the final project.)

summernoelle Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #35 of 36

Oh yeah, you are right about that! I remember the day I knew it was all over. I was sitting there in a test, looking at all the chemical equations, and everything just left my mind. I didn't answer one question on that darn test. Geez, I went home a cried. I think you must be a genius to get through that class.
My DH comes from a very smart family of chemists, engineers, etc. They don't get why it was hard for me! icon_lol.gif His aunt is a chemist for the CDC, and just gives me funny looks when I say I hated O chem. She's like "How could anyone hate Chemistry?"
Um, because we're normal. Duh.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:21am
post #36 of 36

Well, I wouldn't say I'm normal!

I was grateful for the "C" I earned in that class. It didn't help that I was working 60 hours a week for that term (including a number of 20 hour days!), but I don't think I would have done much better if I hadn't been working.

I consider myself to be good at mathematical type classes (e.g. stats), but the O-chem just cut me up and hung me out to dry. On one midterm, I got a 17%, and that wasn't even an F on the class curve.

I liked the professor, hated the class.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%