Need A Recipe For A Carrot Cake And Cream Cheese Icing

Baking By dodiegirl Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm by aztomcat

dodiegirl Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 8

I need a recipe for a carrot cake and cream cheese icing for a wedding cake. I have only ever done buttercream and fondant so I have no idea how to do a chream chese icing and how it holds up outside of the fridge.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much. Could you email e at

7 replies
Mencked Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 8

My recipe for carrot cake "Grandma Alta's Carrot Cake" is really yummy, my customers love it and it's posted here on CC. I also love the crusting cream cheese icing that is posted on here too--Works great, and tastes great. I'll look up the links and post them here in a second. HTL

didi5 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 8

I swear this carrot cake recipe is awesome! I am already drooling just thinking about it.

For a stiffer cream cheese this recipe can hold up to 4 cups of icing sugar but I make mine with just 2 cups because I like it less sweet.

creations08 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 8

This is the recipe I like to use because it's very moist, I usually add a tsp of cinnamon. I should mention the frosting is not good for decorating, but it is yummy.

dodiegirl Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 8

Can these cream cheese recipes hold up on a wedding cake that will not be refrigerated? It will be dropped off at the reception early afternoon and I don't think they are cutting it until after the dinner.

thanks so much!

melony68 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 8

If your nervous about the cream chesse holding up as I was for a wedding cake I did in August last year (The wedding was outdoors at sunset in very hot and humid South Carolina conditions). I used the cream cheese between the layers but used buttercream and fondant to decorate. It turned out wonderful and the bride was very pleased.

aggiechef Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 8

Here's the recipe that I use for carrot cake. It has a lot of extra stuff in it, but it's so good. This was from my cake class in culinary school so everything is in weight measurements. This only makes enough for a 9" round pan.

4.5 oz bread flour
3 oz cake flour
10.5 oz granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained

mix everything together and bake @ 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes

aztomcat Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 8

This cream cheese icing never fails me and crusts well.

Good Luck. Your cake sounds delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%