Packaging For Valentine Treats Covered In Ganache

Decorating By Meagazz Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 7:54pm by Meagazz

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone!

I am helping out my sister with one of her university Valentine's Day bake sales and I am going to donate some heart shaped cupcakes covered in ganache. I have never worked with ganache before (so I figured a bake sale may be a good place to try it) and I need the most inexpensive way to package the treats individually.

I was thinking about putting them in a clear treat bag... but being that I haven't worked with ganache before, I wanted to check with you guys to see if this is a disaster waiting to happen... Will the ganache harden enough to not smudge and make a huge mess in the bag?? If the treat bag is a bad idea, is there any other ideas out there on how I can package them without burning a hole in my wallet??

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Meagazz

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

See if you can get a bunch of those Chinese-style take out containers. They come in different sizes and you can usually pick them up for pretty cheap.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 5

This summer I made some cookies drizzled with ganache for a wedding, and it was kind of a nightmare when it came to putting them in the clear bags. I ended up having to cut squares of wax paper the size of each cookie and using that as a barrier between the ganache and the the bag.

I'm not sure how this would work for cupcakes though. If you aren't making too many, I would just buy some cheap little boxes from a craft store and package them that way.

Ganache is a pain when it comes to packaging. At least in my experience.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 5

If you refrigerate the cc's ahead of time, then cover them carefully in saran wrap (So no wrinkles form in the ganache) I think you will be fine. That's the cheapest thing I can think of right now. I have saran wrapped ganache covered cakes like this without ruining the look of it. Cupcakes would be even easier.

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your replies everyone! Even though I am trying out something new, I don't expect it to be/look perfect, but I also expect it to look better than if a 5 year old happened to do them!! icon_smile.gif Haha!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%