Help Pls.. Wilton's, Billy's, Sedari's, Magnolia's, Stephani

Baking By Montserrat Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm by MOBOGAL

Montserrat Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, has anyone ever tried Wilton's vanilla cupcake recipe? I'm searching desperately to do a vanilla (cupcake) recipe by tomorrow for a celebration.. I have pored through the reviews of Billy Reece's, Amy Sedaris & Magnolia's.. all with mixed reviews. Billy's was dry (besides the debate over 1tbsp or 2 tbsp baking powder), Amy's too was dry..

What about Stephanie's (Joy Of Baking) & William Sonoma's? Anyone tried them before or know of a good vanilla cupcake recipe.

Thank you!

7 replies
Montserrat Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Jan.. for your help and it's good to hear from you again.

I'm rather bombed out with all the reading.. I've got a busy busy day tomorrow.. got to make cupcakes (for my nieces), a cheesecake (the family) and some scones (my dad) all in one day before I leave on a 2 hour trip early Saturday morning.

Still hoping for more vanilla cupcake recipes.. failing which, I'll try either Stephanies or Williams S.

JanH Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 8

Hi Montserrat, nice seeing you, too. icon_biggrin.gif

Just reading all you have to do before your trip made me tired. icon_lol.gif

Sorry I couldn't personally recommend a cupcake recipe, I've only ever just used regular cake batter for cupcakes, too. tapedshut.gif

Showing my age, I guess. icon_rolleyes.gif

Wishing you happy baking and a great trip. birthday.gif

all4cake Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 8

I've tried Magnolia bakery's recipe. I thought it was delicious. it was moist and delicate...for the first hour out of the oven. it seemed to get hard (not firm but hard) around the edges working its' way inward sooner than any other cupcake ( besides the diabetic ones) I've tried.

I use my favorite cake recipe for cupcakes with no problems.

MOBOGAL Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 8

Hi icon_smile.gif

I've made Billy's cupcakes, and they were great! I used 1Tbsp of baking powder and had no problem with them. They were delicious. I've also made the whimisical bakehouse vanilla cupcakes, and they were really good too. Here's a thread that might help (I've posted the WBH recipe in this thread, and there are others as well). Plus, jkalman posted a great pic of her taste test. Hope this help!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-608901.html[/u]

Montserrat Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

all4cake
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:44 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried Magnolia bakery's recipe. I thought it was delicious. it was moist and delicate...for the first hour out of the oven. it seemed to get hard (not firm but hard) around the edges working its' way inward sooner than any other cupcake ( besides the diabetic ones) I've tried.

all4cake.. thanks for your posting. I was just reading the reviews of Magnolia's and then got your feedback.. ok, will not try that tomorrow.. maybe another time when I can afford a possible 'disappointment'.

Quote:
Quote:

MOBOGAL
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I've made Billy's cupcakes, and they were great! I used 1Tbsp of baking powder and had no problem with them. They were delicious. I've also made the whimisical bakehouse vanilla cupcakes, and they were really good too. Here's a thread that might help (I've posted the WBH recipe in this thread, and there are others as well). Plus, jkalman posted a great pic of her taste test. Hope this help!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cak.....1.html

MOBOGAL.. thanks for your posting too. Recipe seems easy enough.. only thing is I have no idea how warm is 110F!! Might just give it a shot.

Quote:
Quote:

JanH
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:31 pm Post subject:

Hi Montserrat, nice seeing you, too.

Just reading all you have to do before your trip made me tired.

Sorry I couldn't personally recommend a cupcake recipe, I've only ever just used regular cake batter for cupcakes, too.

Showing my age, I guess.

Wishing you happy baking and a great trip.

Jan, it's been some time since I visited CC. Good that you're always there and so reliable thumbs_up.gif .. and a very happy birthday & Valentine's Day should I not check in.

MOBOGAL Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 8

Hi again icon_smile.gif

Glad the recipe is appealing. When I made them, I warmed the milk to just over body temp. 110F should be warm but certainly not scalding hot or boiling. Hope that helps! They were really easy to make. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%