Yes, Another Business Name Thread

Business By Diesel Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm by cylstrial

Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 11

Okay. My husband has been urging me to set up a home business for my cakes and cookies but I have totally just procrastinated and probably more so didn't do it out of fear. Anyway, my church asked me to do a cake for our Grand Affair, topsy turvey to feed 250. After much thought I decided to decline since I wasn't 'legit' even though they didn't care about that aspect. However, it was just the thing I needed to get me going on the home business part.

So, now the big question.....what name???
I had been calling myself "AlyCakes and More" but I have kind of fallen out of favor with it (my husband didn't really like it either).
What do you all think of the following name:

The Confection Connection

Please be honest and I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Thank you,

10 replies
jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 11

I'm pretty sure that one has been taken (although it IS very catchy). Tell is a little more about yourself, your location, your interests...whatever you don't mind telling. I played around for several months and couldn't come up with a name, then one day my mom suggested using the road we live on in the name. I've lived on/around the Three Forks Road area all my life and it never occured to me to use it in my business name until my mom suggested it. One day when I design a logo, it will have three forks somewhere on it. Lots of possibilities!

Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 11

I did see that same name for a business in IL but I figured it was far enough away icon_smile.gif

Good idea.
I live in Loveland, Ohio (just north of Cincinnati), I am married and have 2 young girls. I LOVE sports (swam in college at Syracuse), exercising, photography, playing, baking of course.
I work full-time in the financial industry and started the whole cake and cookie thing as a hobby after my oldest daughter's first birthday but it has caught on a bit through word of mouth.
I have always loved to bake, wish I could say the same about cooking.
I want the name to be catchy, but not really hokie.
I don't really want it to have "cake" in the name since I also do cookies and some candies.
I didn't want my name in it as no one ever spells it correctly.
My street name is Old Farm Drive but I can't see that in the name at all icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 11

Being from Loveland, that makes it easy to use the name of your town...What about "Loveland Sweets" or something simple like that?

need2sleep Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 11

Ooh!!! I like "Loveland Sweets"!! One vote from me...Good luck deciding.

Diesel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 11

Loveland Confections (not sure why I love the word confections)

Loveland's nickname is the Sweetheart of Ohio so....

Sweetheart Confections

TOMAY Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 11

I like both !!!!

jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 11

See now, Loveland just gets my wheels turning too. Since you are operation a home based business, how about:

Loveland Villa Confections
Loveland Cottage Desserts
Loveland Manor Sweets

Old Farm Specialty Shoppe <-- Had to throw that one in there since you didn't want to use your street name. icon_lol.gif

...or any combination of those? Just throwing some thoughts out there.

cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 11

Hmmm.. I like Sweetheart Confections! It's kind of hard to choose though.. there were such good suggestions. Goodluck!

Monkess Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 11

Sweetheart Confections is kinda cute!

cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #11 of 11

So Diesel, did you decide on a name?

Quote by @%username% on %date%