How And When Do L Cover Buttercream Cake With Choc

Decorating By oliversmum172 Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 1:10am by oliversmum172

oliversmum172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliversmum172 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:42am
post #1 of 4

hi, lm making a 3 tiered wedding cake, covering it in buttercream, then in chocolate, white.... in like rectangles like dominoes overlapping, do l stick the choc straight onto the buttercream before it sets? and how far in advance can l put it together, its 2 layers of choc fudge and one of lemon.....l have never done it before...thankyou for any help, l will appreciate it...helen

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 4

What kind of chocolate are you using? Sorry, I am having trouble picturing this. Do you have a photo of an example cake you could post?

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

Yes I would stick the chocolate on before the bc sets. But if you wait you can still stick it on with a dab of bc on the back of the chocolate. I would do it the day before it is due at the earliest. Some say they do cakes a few days in advance. But with the chocolate I wouldn't want it to sit to long.

oliversmum172 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliversmum172 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #4 of 4

thank you, prterrell, its white choc, done like the cake pitchured on the ...start your cake bussiness today, melted and put on a slab and cut into rectangles then put on the side of the cake like dominoes

thanks shelley, yes l think l will do it the day before..thank you for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%