My New Storage Solution - For My Cake & Cookie Supplies

Decorating By dessert1st Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm by cylstrial

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:31am
post #1 of 15

I am so excited. I just got a set of storage drawers to keep all (ok, not all icon_wink.gif ) of my cake and cookies supplies in. It's very sturdy and if I decide not to hide it away in a closet, it looks pretty nice too.

It has 13 drawers and can be stacked tall or in 2 seperate, shorter pieces. The drawers are just deep enough, but not so deep that you have to root for things icon_smile.gif The drawers are a heavy weight plastic and come with a thin wooden insert to make them sturdier. There is also a metal edge and corners for each drawer which again add to their strength. I added that foam drawer liner to help keep the items in their places when opening & closing the drawers.

I purchased it on e-bay (not much selection in a small town) and I am mentioning it here because they seem to list several of them for sale, so they are available if you are interested. I just might have to get a second one, since I have a whole list of things that I still "need" and want and I don't want my drawers to get cluttered. icon_wink.gif
LL

14 replies
dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #2 of 15

Holds a 12" cake pan
LL

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:37am
post #3 of 15

Wooow icon_surprised.gif dessert1st, I love it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:50am
post #4 of 15

Ok, more details please! What else do you have in there? Cookie cutters? Those seem to be my biggest problem! What did you search on ebay? This is awesome! I love it!! Can you fit a cake turntable in there? How much?

More pictures! His is just the coolest thing ever!

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:51am
post #5 of 15

It's sooooo nice, I can't find it on ebay, can you pm me the name of the seller please?

Thanks

Frankyola Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:58am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic_Confections

It's sooooo nice, I can't find it on ebay, can you pm me the name of the seller please?

Thanks

I can't either can you PM me the name too? Pleeease!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Ok I got I thumbs_up.gif Here you go girls:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CART-STORAGE-SYSTEM-DOUBLE-TROLLEY-FAMILY-TREASURES_W0QQitemZ320332778945QQihZ011QQcategoryZ146400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:07am
post #7 of 15

ok i want one

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:09am
post #8 of 15

Ok, I'll be needing that info too please!!! And I thought my Craftsman double stacked tool cabinet was the bomb!! I think that is totally awesome. You sold me over when you said it held the 12" cake pan. PM me too please! icon_lol.gif

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:40am
post #9 of 15

Very cool!

dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:19pm
post #10 of 15

Here you go, it's listed as :
CART STORAGE SYSTEM - DOUBLE TROLLEY - FAMILY TREASURES
and the seller is puncgmaster7.

It is made for the 12x12 scrappbook paper, which is why it's so sturdy. Says it can hold 100 pounds.

I was hoping to get a huge tool chest after seeing the idea posted here, but this is more in my price range since I'm a hobby baker. The drawer liner that I added is great to keep all my cookie cutters (200+) neat & tidy. I think I will cut foamboard to fit the drawers also (with drawer liner on top) so I can layer my cookie cutters. I think I should be able to tilt the foam board up to see the layer beneath, without the top ones sliding into a pile in the back of the drawer. If not, I'll add some sort of sides so I can just lift it out like a tray. The layers will increase the storage capacity, still keeping it very organized. I hate rooting for something!

As I said before, it's very sturdy. I can wheel it to my workspace, and then right back to where it belongs. I was desperate to eliminate the clutter that's been taking over my house (and the joy out of this new addiction that I've acquired). There are just too many small items to keep track of, and I was getting overwhelmed. Nothing like needing something quick, and having to dump out drawers and containers to find it, leaving more of a mess!

After I get the foamboard layering complete, I'll post another pic.

icon_smile.gif

Frankyola Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:38pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic_Confections

Thanks

I can't either can you PM me the name too? Pleeease!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Ok I got I thumbs_up.gif Here you go girls:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CART-STORAGE-SYSTEM-DOUBLE-TROLLEY-FAMILY-TREASURES_W0QQitemZ320332778945QQihZ011QQcategoryZ146400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the link

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:38pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks for posting--great idea!!! Can't wait to see how you organize the cookie cutters....

dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:05pm
post #13 of 15

Sorry lchristi27, I forgot to answer your question about the turntable. The tallest item you could get in the drawer would be about 3 3/4 ". My heating core and small tier pan just fit, as it shows in the second pic.

dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:07pm
post #14 of 15

The e-bay listing says that these retail for $139.00 Does anyone know what retailers carry them?

Thanks!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #15 of 15

dessert1st -- I love it! I'm always looking for ways to organize. Thanks for sharing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%