30Th Arabian Nights Theme Turkish Delight Chocolate Mould

Decorating By corrosie Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm by prterrell

corrosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrosie Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:03am
post #1 of 4

Hi, having my 30th birthday soon and as I am a teacher with the Arabian Nights Bellydancers so ofcourse had to have an Arabian party. Now to figure out the cake.

I have a aluminum tin with a nice henna template punched into it already so I was thinking if I greased the sides and poured chocolate into the bottom, let it set & then do the sides, creating a well in the centre could I then pour a turkish delight jelly filling into it to set then tip it out.

I could then highlight the imprint with a gel or chocolate writing icing?

Don't know if I should do dark or white chocolate & wanted accenting colours of green or purple to match my bellydance costume.

Am I trying too hard?

How big can I make it before the walls collapse?

Is there something that i'm missing or forgetting to do?

Got 3 weeks up my sleeve. Can send attachment of tin if you want.

Happy Hips
Corrosie

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 4

I've never made (or eaten, actually) Turkish Delight (had to look it up on Wikipedia), but I have made molded chocolate candies. Is your tin a candy tin for making individual pieces, or is it a large cake-sized tin? As far as the chocolate goes, you can "paint" it up the sides with no problem, doing several coats, letting the chocolate set in between coats, if you want a thicker shell.

Luster dust can be brushed dry directly onto set chocolate. I would use that to bring out the pattern.

corrosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corrosie Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 8:26am
post #3 of 4

the tin is a 8" square and 3" deep with a convex (not concave) to the bottom for an easier turnout.

The painting chocolate up the sides is a great idea and should make the walls thick enough to hold the delight but not too thick to cut through.

Have had a go at doing a turkish delight recipe in the microwave, might have worked if I hadn't over oiled the tin for it to cool in, ended up tasting very oily even after dusting with sugar. trial n error is the name of the game! Kids still ate them tho.

Thought of luster dust but when you see the tin it might change your mind. Let me know what you think.

Cheers
LL

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

That's a very pretty and unique tin! I still think luster dust would bring out the highlights beautifully, plus it looks so good on chocolate! I can't wait to see a pic of your finished dessert!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%