Would Like Your Ideas On A Cake Please...

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 3:55am by Ruth0209

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 11

Hi Everyone! I just got a call from a gal who wants a grooms cake to feed 50 people with a "mountain" theme. She first said she wanted a cake to look like a mountain, but then she said if I did stacked rounds and decorated it to look like a mountain that would be fine. Soooo, I have a few ideas but I'd like to hear yours -- how would you tackle a design like that?

10 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:23am
post #2 of 11

I think I would go (depending on their budget) either with a stacked and carved cake or just stacked and either air brush mountians on it or paint them on.

Let us know what you decide and of course post pictures!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 11

Just a mountain? Do they hike, ski, go 4-wheeling? I'm seeing a cake like you see in the galleries that have penguins sliding down.

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #4 of 11

Thanks! This is the cake that came to mind when she made the request: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=35602

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:32am
post #5 of 11

She said it's a grooms cake to feed 50 and they both hike. They've both been to big name mountains over the years and he's in the peace corps. That's about all I know other than she gave me artistic license (yeah baby!) icon_lol.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Thanks! This is the cake that came to mind when she made the request: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=35602

That's a great cake, Bob. I was going to suggest you go to Mike McCarey's site and see the wedding cake he did with the mountain theme (it was on one of those wedding cake shows). It's very similar to this one.

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #7 of 11

I love that cake! If the are into hiking do something similar to the kayak cake but with hikers.

Too cool!

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:57am
post #8 of 11

It's sooo nice to know great minds think alike... icon_biggrin.gif I'm familiar with Mikes Amazing Cakes (accurately named I might add!) -- he has a couple of mountain themed cakes on his site. So at this point I'm leaning toward a three tiered stacked cake with trees, rocks and a few wildflowers on it. Maybe a stream and a bear or something, (we'll see how the mood strikes me!) icon_lol.gif Of course this cake isn't due until October but I'm booked all through the Fall already so I want to get a head start on it. Thank you so much for all the cool suggestions!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:06am
post #9 of 11
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:21am
post #10 of 11

Ruthie those are FABULOUS!! I love the snowboarder cake!! Very cool!! The only thing is that I first thought of a cake similar to that -- mountain shaped -- but it's to be served at a rehearsal dinner and if I do a carved cake it would make it difficult for them to cut it, which is why I'm thinking of stacked rounds. It would be cool to do a mountain shaped cake though! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #11 of 11

Yeah, the whole rice krispy thing makes it quite an ordeal to dismantle and cut. If they're drinking, they'll never figure it out! HA!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%