I Am New Here!!

Decorating By Tania2009 Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 3:55pm by Tania2009

Tania2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tania2009 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #1 of 9

I have seen these cakes with that kinda quilted effect with a pearl in the middle of where the lines cross. Well I was wondering if it was done by a tool, an impression mat or just by hand??

I need some help please

T

8 replies
saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 9

Hi Tania, welcome to cc.

Most of them are done with an impression mat that you can get through globalsugarart.com.... or elsewhere online. Some are done by hand but its really a lot of work (believe me I tried, then i ordered the mat icon_smile.gif )

Just a suggestion - in the subject line of the thread actually put what you want answered like "wondering about criss cross line on cake" or something because it helps people who have the answer look at the post. Everyone is really great on here, but i have read about new people that get upset because their posts are ignored and lots of the time its because the subject line is something like "newbie question" or "new here"...

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 9

Second the impression mat.
Welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

Tania2009 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 9

Thank you very much to all that replied! And thanks for the welcome, and i will keep in mind the subject line thing.
Now when you are using the mat, do you put it on the fondant while it is still rolled out on the table, or use it while the fondant is on the cake?

If you use it when the fondant is not on the cake, then how would you get the designe only on the sides?

Thanks

T

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:23am
post #5 of 9

If you dont have impression mat you can use a diamond cookie cutter it work perfect for me thumbs_up.gif
LL

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 6:42am
post #6 of 9

I think the mat works better on buttercream and diamond metal cookie cutter on fondant. Hmmmm.... or am I just weird?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:41am
post #8 of 9

Welcome.

I use the impression mat on fondant. Very easy and fast icon_smile.gif

Tania2009 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 9

thanks all the information really helps!!!
and thank to all for the welcomes!!!!

T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%