Anyone Else Watch Biggest Loser?

Lounge By mlynnb Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 12:40am by punkinpie

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 7

Hey all, there's got to be someone else on here that watches Biggest Loser. It is the only 'reality tv' that I watch! I have to admit I only started watching the show because I am by profession a personal trainer/fitness instructor and I wanted to see how the trainers handled these guys as their 'clients', but now I'm in it just for the entertainment!!
OK, so here's the thing.....can you believe what happened at this week's elimination? You could tell even Joelle was shocked! I feel so bad that that guy (forgot his name) got sent home---it doesn't even seem like Joelle wants to be there! And how about Bob freaking out on her like that during that work out last week? I didn't even think he could get that mad! icon_eek.gif I think from now on, there's definitely gonna be some bad blood between the two teams based on that elimination!!!
Anyway, as you can tell, a little addicted. So how about it, anyone else?

6 replies
krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 7

I love it also. But rarely get to watch it. Love the show and the concept. I have kids so watching TV is a rare occurence.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:14am
post #3 of 7

TOTALLY HOOKED!!! It's the only reality show that we watch also.

I couldn't believe Damien was voted off either. It seemed like they were all on board to vote off Joelle, but than changed their minds. Unless they felt like keeping her there was the real punishment since she WANTS to go home. icon_twisted.gif

I thought Bob was gonna blow a gasket last week, I've never seen him that mad. It was kind of funny, but I wouldn't have wanted to be on the other side of that.

I really have the utmost respect for all of the contestants past and present on that show. They really work their butts off to lose the weight and it's so nice to see the transformations.

I love it! I wish it were on 2 nights a week instead of just 1. Plus, it keeps me motivated to stay on course with healthy eating and exercise.

mlynnb Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 7

I use examples from the show in the classes I teach....it really is motivating and amazing the transformation these people go through. And I don't mean just in appearance. Like, can you believe how may pills Blaine (sp?) was taking at 28 yrs old and after 3 weeks he doesn't need them anymore? That Dr. said that over the course of his life that was saving him something like $700,000 + icon_eek.gif That really puts keeping yourself healthy in perspective!
My only complaint as a trainer is : People at the gym that I train at want the same kinds of results in like, a week. icon_confused.gif There like "but on the Biggest Loser so and so lost 10 lbs in one week" Uhh, hello, they work out 6-8 hrs a day!
Anyway, I'm almost feeling sorry for Joelle because now she's gotta go through another week knowing her entire team wanted her gone! And if she goes home, I think her friend will kill her! icon_lol.gif Maybe this was the wake-up call she needed to keep motivated? I think either Blaine or the blonde girl (again, forget the names) on Jillian's team has a really good chance to win it all. That girl is amazing in her determination, but I'm not sure everyone will like her if she keeps winning immunity.....
Can't wait for next week!! thumbs_up.gif

mlynnb Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 7

krysoco said:
[quote]I love it also. But rarely get to watch it. Love the show and the concept. I have kids so watching TV is a rare occurence.[quote]

By the way, we're so hooked, we make it a family night and watch it together. Except my kids always have to go to bed at 9:00 so they miss the second hour!) They love it too!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 7

I can totally see how the people you train would want to lose the lbs. that the Biggest Loser people do, but another thing to remember is these people weigh a lot. I mean especially this season, a lot of the woman were way over 300lbs. In the beginning weeks they usually do put up big #'s, but than it starts to level off.

I know the medication prices were unbelievable. Just the money you save would be enough motivation for me!

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 12:40am
post #7 of 7

I watch!! I love it. One problem though...it motivates me while I watch and for a few hours after and then I forget about it until the next episode. I guess I need Jillian to analyze that for me.

I was shocked that Joelle didn't go home, but I figure it must be game play. Damien was a much better competitor and had a better chance of winning.

I started watching BL Australia last winter. It is on 5 days a week, shorter episodes though. Their 4th season starts on Feb 1. I hope to see it again, as long as I can find the torrents to download.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%