Angel Food Cake: Help!

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 2:58am by josumiko

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in need of an awesome angel food cake recipe!! i've never made one of these before... so also if anyone has any tips/tricks to make sure its a sucess!!

6 replies
mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 7

I've always used Martha Stewart's recipe. I wish I could link to it, but if I open another browser window, this old computer will crash. I'm sure you can just search her site for it. The most important thing I've found is to make sure you do not overbeat the egg whites - that will make them too dry and thus, the angel food cake will be too dry.

By the way, where is Palmerton PA? I live in Lancaster but I've never heard of Palmerton. I'm geographically challenged though!

~Jen

Polish_princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polish_princess Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 7

Make sure your bowl is really really clean any traces of oil will foil your attempt to make angel food cake i always wash my mixing bowl with a squirt of lemon juice when making any thing that has to do with egg whites.

doublecz1103 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:14am
post #4 of 7

palmerton,pa... ever hear of allentown, pa?? i'm not to far from there!! or philadelphia.. that's about 2 hours away from me.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:27am
post #5 of 7

Okay, i think I have the general area. You're probably about an hour from Lancaster, right? Are there any good cake decorating stores in your area?? All we have is AC Moore and Michaels. I'm itching for a real cake decorating place!!

doublecz1103 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

there's a supply place in whitehall, pa called Bev's Cake and Candy .. i go there ALL THE TIME!! great selection!! and there's one in Easton, Pa called Gail's Cake and Candy ... i personally was never in this one yet.. but i've sent my husband there for some supplies.. he said Bev's is better!!

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 7

I have used Alton Brown's recipe with great success! It is wonderfully light and yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%