Cccc #10 - Ooey Gooey Stuffed Cupcakes

Baking By Adrian12 Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 4:37am by JessDesserts

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:18pm
post #31 of 101

I made these (I left out the coconut). The cake was a little crumbly, but I really liked the filling. All in all they were pretty good. I know I will definately make the filling again!

pamama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamama Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:00pm
post #32 of 101

I made these this morning and sprinkled a little coconut on top- my coworkers finished them all! They were a big hit. I left a couple at home so I can try one later but they seemed to like them much more than everyone else on here who tried them!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:02pm
post #33 of 101

Pamama, were they crumbly at all?

pamama Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 10:31pm
post #34 of 101

I didn't have a chance to eat one yet but I asked those who ate them and they said no. They were really raving about them although they were raving about the cookies and cream ones also and I found those dry so who knows?! I'll post back when I get a chance to eat one later.

pamama Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:20am
post #35 of 101

GrandmaG- I finally tried one. Not crumbly- a tad dry for my taste but overall I liked it.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #36 of 101

So, I'm going to skip the cake part of this cupcake because GrandmaG doesn't seem to like them. I am, however, going to try the filling.

GrandmaG Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:54am
post #37 of 101

I feel bad! Don't go by me. I may have made them wrong! icon_sad.gif

mommarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommarivera Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:16am
post #38 of 101

Those sound really good!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:42am
post #39 of 101

Man, I am DYING to make those gelatin butterflies, but I don't know how. Waaaaahhhhhhhhh! icon_cry.gif

GrandmaG Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #40 of 101

For heavens sake Mel, just ask! icon_lol.gif
I bought the veining sheet from: http://www.cakeconnection.com/gelatin.htm
They are $10.00 with shipping
I don't know if you could use a mold or not. These are flat clear sheets of silicone, I think, with the depressions. You can get butterflies or flowers so far.
Here is the recipe, though, in case you want to try it in a mold. It has to be a flat mold, though, because you have to let them dry enough so they just start lifting off of it. Then you know that they are dry and ready.
3 Tblspn unflavored gelatin (good brand like Knox)
6 Tblspn water (I used Kool-aid and it worked fine)

Place water in bottom of microwave safe bowl.
Sprinkle gelatin over top and stir together, then let soften for a few minutes.
Place in microwave in 10-15 second intervals, stirring each time until mix is clear and all gelatin is dissolved.
Once dissolved and warmed, let it sit to allow the foam to rise to the top, then gently spoon this away.
Once gelatin is clear, and most foam is removed-add desired color.
(Airbrush colors work better than gel)
Re-warm this as often as needed.

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:32pm
post #41 of 101

I'm sorry... the last person that I saw talk about it would not say how she made it. icon_redface.gif I thought it was some big secret. Thank you for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

GrandmaG Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:36pm
post #42 of 101

Don't be sorry. Just giving you a hard time. icon_smile.gif We're cuppy buddies. You've shared a ton of stuff with all of us! thumbs_up.gif

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #43 of 101

How cool are those veining sheets - thanks GrandmaG - I can't wait to try the cuppies - my kids love it when I experiment with new recipes they are my taste testers!

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #44 of 101

Oh Grandma, I know you're just teasing me. I just didn't want to pressure you for details if it wasn't something that was to be shared, you know? icon_lol.gif Now I have to decide if I'm going to order those sheets or what. They look really awesome. I could make a lot of people happy, I know that.

GrandmaG Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #45 of 101

I just wish I knew how they make theirs so multicolored. I guess I'll just have to wait until the books comes out.
mrsw, are you new here? If you are then welcome to the cuppy thread! If you need more recipes then click on cuppy link under Fiddlesticks signature. There are tons. We need to get more recipes going to add to it!

GrandmaG Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:26pm
post #46 of 101

OOps! sorry. I referred to the wrong thread. I'm doing that a lot lately! I need a vacation. icon_confused.gif

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:03pm
post #47 of 101

Oh heavens no, I am not really new. I have been lurking around this thread for some time. I've found some good cupcake recipes that have made their way to my must make again file!
Re veining sheets: I wonder if they swirl in colors into those sheets after the gelatin is poured? Just a guess on my part of course but they do look amazing.

GrandmaG Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:06pm
post #48 of 101

I would have thought yes but after making them I don't know how they could do that. The gelatin dries very quickly almost before you have a chance to spread it. I had to keep microwaving it after each butterfly to thin it back down. Maybe Bobwonderbuns knows. She took a class to make these. I'll see if I can get an answer from her! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:21pm
post #49 of 101

Maybe they are using drop of different colored gelatin? Do you think you could keep a couple different colors in little bowls on a heating pad (or similar to keep them warm) then use mayb eye droppers to drop different colors on there?

GrandmaG Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:44pm
post #50 of 101

I understand how they are doing the purple. Looks like clear butterfly and then they use thinned piping gel to brush around the edges and a few strokes on the wings. Add some disco dust or something. I tried using colored sugar and it started to liquify but I don't think I let the butterflies set up enough. When they tell you to wait until they release from the mat they mean it. I just don't know how they are getting the green to look so conformed. I have a request out to Bob and I'll let you know if I get an answer. icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:18pm
post #51 of 101

Awesome! I'm anxious to know! I wish I could go to a class to learn such cool stuff, but I never know about any of these classes, and they are more than likely far away from me. Nothing happens here. icon_cry.gif

GrandmaG Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:23pm
post #52 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Awesome! I'm anxious to know! I wish I could go to a class to learn such cool stuff, but I never know about any of these classes, and they are more than likely far away from me. Nothing happens here. icon_cry.gif

I hear ya Mel!

Maybe if I e-mail the manufacturers again and tell them they have a lot of interested buyers they would let me know. When I got the butterfly mat they said to make sure to e-mail them with questions, and I did, but never heard back.

GrandmaG Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:26pm
post #53 of 101

OK. Just got a reply back from Bob. This is what she said.

They use several different painting techniques. I know they use edible markers and I believe they make their own "paints" from petal dust and vodka but I'm not exactly sure. You can write to Diane at that website and ask her directly.

Adrian12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrian12 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:54pm
post #54 of 101

Hi everybody! I know it's been forever since I've posted - have been having tons of trouble getting on CC. I've only gotten one "pick a number" PM (from mcdonald), so if anybody else tried to send it, please try again. I originally estimated our stop date on this recipe as Feb 4, but if people want to chime in with thoughts on that, I am up for suggestions. I am hoping I won't be having as much trouble signing on here from now on...and also that others aren't hitting those road blocks either!
Did anybody else try the recipe? I was thinking of doing a second go-round just using a doctored cake mix and dropping the filling in there to compare to the first batch. icon_cool.gif
Have a great day, everyone! icon_smile.gif
P.S. I keep forgetting to say, your butterflies are REALLY COOL, GrandmaG! I was actually kinda embarrassed to ask, so I poked around the forum looking for how to do them back when you first posted them. It wouldn't be edible, but there was one thread (can't remember where now and had issues saving it when everything went haywire for me with CC) where people were discussing using a thin wire bent in the shape of the wing and dipping it in the gelatin (compared to blowing bubbles), then just letting that dry. I thought I might try that so I wouldn't have to worry about a mold. Did you ever hear of or try that?

GrandmaG Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm
post #55 of 101

No Adrian, I haven't heard that. I think for the $10.00, including shipping, that it wouldn't be worth it to take time to make and buy the wires but it's a thought! You could try it right away instead of waiting for the veining mats any way. They really ship fast, though. You can also use a wire with these if you want to add one to stick in your cake.
Fiddlesticks you haven't submitted a cc recipe yet have you? You better pick a number! thumbs_up.gif

GrandmaG Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #56 of 101

I found a picture of the gelatin butterflies made using the wires. I have to say that I really like these too! They are so graceful looking.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-239143.html

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #57 of 101

Wow those are beautiful and she made it sound so easy to ! But how do you make the body and attach ? Is it just R.I . piped on ?

GrandmaG Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:01am
post #58 of 101

It looks like they are all sitting on a BC flower so the wings are probably set in and a RI middle is piped in between. That's kind of how you do it with the gelatins w/o the wire. They are light as a feather so they sit up easy.

GrandmaG Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #59 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian12

Hi everybody! I know it's been forever since I've posted - have been having tons of trouble getting on CC. I've only gotten one "pick a number" PM (from mcdonald), so if anybody else tried to send it, please try again. I originally estimated our stop date on this recipe as Feb 4, but if people want to chime in with thoughts on that, I am up for suggestions. I am hoping I won't be having as much trouble signing on here from now on...and also that others aren't hitting those road blocks either!

Hey Adrian, maybe start a new thread to get more people involved and maybe enter a number? Just an idea. icon_smile.gif

Adrian12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adrian12 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:15pm
post #60 of 101

OK I figured out I just can't get on this site when using Firefox, but apparently Internet Explorer has no issues...go figure. I am going to extend the pick a number and start the new thread as suggested. Hopefully I will get some response. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%