Awful Monday....looooong

Lounge By Larrimore Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 3:36pm by Larrimore

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 6

Monday was simply awful! I got to work, and things were going fine I thought, until the owner of company and son/employee got into an arguement cause the owner did not have the paper filled out his son's wife needed (brought paper over at the end of work day on Friday). Son ended up quitting. During their arguement, I turned on the answering machine and walk outside (very small office and they were actually in my office cause the door is in my office and son was getting ready to go on his route). Well, the dang phone rang and I was told to come and answer it. I thought the number looked familiar. It was DH cousin calling to tell me my house phone, DH cell phone & my cell phone was disconnected. Sh tapedshut.gif ! I new I forgot something Friday. Paid bills, phones reconnected. Then, I noticed when I went to my truck to go home back tire is slack. Pulled up at DH shed and he put air in tire then checked to see why this tire went slack. There was 1/2 of a knitting needle in tire icon_eek.gif DH fixed tire. DD friend is spending the night. After I took 2 tablespoons of Ny-Quil, DD friend comes in kitchen and says this is not right. Looked at her and she was bent over trash can. She was spitting blood in trashcan. ALOT of blood. She had had tonsils and adnoids removed 10 days ago. Called her mom and told her to meet me at ER. After convincing her mom that yeah, kid needs to go to ER, no, I will not meet you anywhere else, I am taking her straight to the ER, made it there in record time. After a while, her mom comes out from the back she said the bleeding had slowed down, there were giving her iv fluids and they should be able to go home in about 30 minutes and she told us to go home, so DD and I went home. Got a call from DD friend the next morning. The girl ended up having to have emergency surgery icon_eek.gif She had started bleeding really bad again around 4 am and had to be rushed into surgery. Dr said it happens occasionally and he also had to fix some mistakes of original surgeon. She is doing fine now, thank God! She was released from hospital yesterday.

5 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 6

icon_surprised.gif Wow! That is a rough day. At least your DD friend is doing ok now though. It's a good thing you demanded to take her to the hospital.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 6

Just ventured down here to the lounge....oh my goodness! when it rains it pours.
I'm glad your DD friend is OK. It sounds like a spa day is in order for you soon!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 6

That is a bad day. I'm sure it can only get better. icon_lol.gif

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 6

Thank God you insisted on taking her to the ER! What was her stupid mother's problem?? Your daughter is coughing up blood and you don't want to take her to the ER icon_eek.gif ?? I had a co-worker whose daughter had the same thing happen; about 10 days after a tonsillectomy she started hemorraging and they rushed her to the ER and she nearly bled out before they got it under control!! They came very close to losing her. If they had delayed even a minute getting there the outcome could have been very different...

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 6

I don't think her mother realized the seriousness of the situation cause she kept asking me how much blood and I was trying to keep calm so the girls would stay calm. If I had gotten the call, I would have been flipping out and would have probably gotten to the hospital before they arrived. I know that this friend can sometimes be dramatic but if another parent is calling....And yeah, CakesbyJen2, friend said if they had sent her home during the night, she would not have made it back to the hospital in time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%