Smbc And Fbct

Decorating By varika Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 10:48am by varika

varika Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 8

So can you use SMBC to do frozen transfers? Why or why not? Also, if I have to use crusting BC, would you put it on a cake frosted with SMBC? I really, really love SMBC, but I don't want to make up a batch just to try this.

7 replies
varika Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:29am
post #2 of 8

Anybody?

mareg Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:44am
post #3 of 8

What is SMBC? I have done frozen transfers and was wondering what it was.

tastyart Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I'm hoping this will help by bumping your post.

enoid Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:01am
post #5 of 8

SMBC stands for Swiss Meringue Buttercream. You can find recipes here on the site. I have never used it so can't help you with your question, but here is a bump.

litfong Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #6 of 8

I've done it both ways. When I used SMBC to do the FBCT, I had some trouble getting the exact colors I wanted. I think that was because I used gel colors instead of candy colors. I used a crusting buttercream to get a bright red and black for Spiderman, and when I put the FBCT on SMBC there were no problems.

FromScratch Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:49am
post #7 of 8

I don't see why not. You probably wouldn't even have to freeze it... just chill it and it gets damn hard, but freezing might be a good idea anyway. Getting the dark colors with SMBC is a pain though. Gel colors don't work as well, and candy colors leave a distinct flavor is you use them in high quantities.

I've never done a FBCT, but SMBC will set up very solid and I'd imagine it would work fine.

varika Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 10:48am
post #8 of 8

Thank you all very much. The colors shouldn't be a problem, as the figure in question is all shades of yellow, which I've noticed SMBC tends to, anyway. I just think SMBC tasts so addictively good...

....wow, I'm sitting here salivating over cake at not quite 6 in the morning! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%