Fondant On Bc

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 6:17am by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 7

I guess I'm just really nervous about this baby shower cake I'm making for friday.

But it's gonna be a BC cake with fondant stripes and dots. So once I cut out my shapes from the fondant should I let them dry a bit or do I just put them on the cake as soon as they're cut????

Sorry to sound like such a newbie but it was just something I was wondering.. icon_redface.gif

6 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 7

I did something similar for a friend's birthday, and I just stuck them right on the cake as soon as they were cut. Didn't have any problems with it. I was even able to "paint" them with luster dust after they were on the cake. It made for an AWESOME cake and I wish I had remembered to take pictures.

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 7

My most recent cake (princess cake in my photos) had fondant accents. I cut out the dots and stuck them on almost immediately. If anything falls, "glue" it on with a LITTLE bit of water.

HTH

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 7

SweetPea0613 I am so glad you asked this! I am making my baby shower cake this week and need to decorate it Friday. I am doing fondant stripes and dots on buttercream as well. Good luck with yours, can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for asking the question and thanks to all that answered!

SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks to everyone!! I've been making buttercream all day...now it's time to bake...I'm gonna make my fondant tomorrow and I'll definitley post pictures when I'm done!

Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #6 of 7

Just a little tip, it helps to chill your cake until the bc is hard, then add the fondant accents. This cuts down on the fingerprints and smudges, also if the bc is cold you have a tiny window of time to remove any fondant peices that you might not be happy with , without leaving a mark.
Good Luck!

SweetPea0613 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 6:17am
post #7 of 7

My cake is done! The picture's in my photos...and I also posted another bulletin with diff views...thanks everyone for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%