70Th Birthday Cake Help!

Decorating By beccap Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm by beccap

beccap Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 5

My mom's 70th birthday is coming. She collects carousel horses, even has a real one. I looked at the images of carousel cakes but all I find look like they are for children. I would like on that looks more "German" like the real ones. I am also open to something other than a carousel.
Thanks for your help.

4 replies
SS385Monte Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 5

I'm getting ready to do a cake for my grandmother's 80th and found some cakes on here that were round cakes with pictures on them. So I'm doing three tiers (probably 10-8-6, but I'll decide for sure once we have all of the RSVPs in) with pictures of my grandmother throughout her life on each tier. Probably a couple flowers to accent and add some color (since a lot of the pics will be black and white). If you search for photo or photograph cakes there are some really neat ones on here!

kakeladi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 5

Just this wk there was a carousel cake on the home page. I don't remember who did it icon_sad.gif Maybe you could find it. The poster said she would put up a step-by-step for the horse.

prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #4 of 5

Found this one

And this one

Oh, and I know this isn't what you are looking to do, but NordicWare has a limited edition bundt pan with carousel horses on it.

beccap Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your help! You have some awesome ideas and pictures. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%