First Paid Cookie Order...

Baking By Dizzymaiden Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm by cylstrial

Dizzymaiden Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 8

I recieved $40 for 24 cookies - 12 sugar and 12 oreo truffles. Did I under charge? I was unsure what to charge and did not want to scare away my first big order... icon_redface.gif

7 replies
cookieman Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 8

That's $20/dozen. Sounds like a good price. The real answer lies in pricing out your cost and labor and then seeing how much profit you've made. thumbs_up.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 8

Depends. If the design on the cookies is complicated and time-consuming, maybe not such a great price. If the cookies are simple and easy to crank out, it's a good price. I try to figure out how much I can get done in an hour, and do the math. Twenty-four cookies completed in two hours? That's $20 per hour...pretty good! But twenty-four cookies that take five hours to complete makes it only $8 per hour...not so great. If you're happy with the price and the time involved, than you were successful.

cylstrial Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 8

Dizzymaiden -- I would love to see a picture of the cookies you sold!

Dizzymaiden Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 8

I am in the process of designing the card and package. As soon as I am done I will post...Thanks!

cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymaiden

I am in the process of designing the card and package. As soon as I am done I will post...Thanks!

So did you get it done??

Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 8

cylstrial - sorry for the delay - she wanted them before Feb 1st - so I just made them and decorated them last night. I am TIRED! ha. I have to pick up my box and then it is just a matter of shipping and praying! Oh- and not forgetting to take a pix!

cylstrial Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymaiden

cylstrial - sorry for the delay - she wanted them before Feb 1st - so I just made them and decorated them last night. I am TIRED! ha. I have to pick up my box and then it is just a matter of shipping and praying! Oh- and not forgetting to take a pix!

There's no delay! I didn't know when they were due.. so I just thought that I would check!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%