Anyone Use The Cake Mix Doctor?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 8:03pm by Shelly4481

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 8

I have this book sitting on my shelf, and was just wondering if anyone uses it, and if so, point me to your favorite recipes from it please!

7 replies
SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 8

My favorite is the firm chocolate cake. It has sour cream in it and is so moist yet really firm! Even friends/family who don't like chocolate cake LOVE this cake!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 8

My favorite cake for carving is towards the back, I don't remember the page number, but it's called Basic Yellow Pound Cake. I change the recipe by using a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix. YUM!!

Also, if you get Chocolate From The Cake Mix Doctor, there are some really good recipes in there.

Deanna

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 8

I made the blueberry muffin cake and frosted it in a cream cheese frosting and it was so good. My hubby is not a big cake eater and he loved it so much that he ate 1/2 of it by himself.
I tried the melted ice cream cake and that came out so dry that you could not eat it and the whole thing went into the garbage.
I also have the cupcake book and have tried a lot of those recipes with great success.

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 8

Our favorite recipe is the Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cake, the only thing I change is I add a little marachino cherry juice to the glaze you put on top of the cake. It's Awesome.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 8

My favorite cake is the Darn Good Chocolate Cake! I LOVE THE CAKEE!!!
And there is a strawberry cake on their that is so good too with cream cheese frosting. I haven't tried to many recipes but it has not disappointed me yet!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:05am
post #7 of 8

Ditto on the Darn Good Chocolate Cake. There's another one that is really good as a coffee cake. I don't remember what it is called, but it uses either a white or yellow mix, cinnamon, mini chocolate chips and snipped dried fruit (apricots?). The goodies make a streusel ribbon in the cake. I bring it to work for university faculty meetings. The faculty loooovvve me!

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 8

My vote is for the Darn good Chocolate cake and I also have made one the carrot cakes in there and have gotten alot of raves about it. Good book!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%