My First Question Here! Help!!!

Decorating By sweetfarm Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm by sweetfarm

sweetfarm Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 4

Our freshman high school group needs to fund their treasury and I booked the local "classy" market the Saturday before the Super Bowl. Please help. Any ideas of any items that the moms can do or the teens can make together as a group would be so appreciated!

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 4

is this something like a bake sale? what do you mean you booked a "classy" market?

Assuming it's a bake sale and the Saturday before Super Bowl, I suggest Puppy Chow. Cheap and easy to make, tastes amazing (who doesn't like Puppy Chow?) and perfect game food. Just grab a handful and snack away. Seriously, I wouldn't spend too much time on something that looks really good, because if people are buying it for a Super Bowl party, then no one is going to be paying attention to how it looks, just if it tastes good.

You could still throw in a few pretty cupcakes or cookies too. Good luck, I hope I was thinking along your lines with what you were asking!

lolobell Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 4

not sure what a "classy" market is...could you be more specific?

but, in case you are speaking of a bake sale.......
1. rice krispie treats are fun and easy and you could cut out football shapes with cookie cutters. just remember to spray the cookie cutter with Pam before each cut.

2. brownies
3. fudge
4. popcorn balls
5.find some "no bake" cookie recipes
6. monkey bread

that's all I can think of right now......
if we r not on the right track let us know!

sweetfarm Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

Ha! In RI we have levels of markets. Crazy but true! On a scale of 1 - 8 (I could add more!) it kinda goes like this:
1 - Cumberland Farms Milk store/quick mart w/ gas station
2 - Owner operated Bakers or Meat shops expecially near the beach
3 - Big Stop & Shop & Shaws big supermarkets
4- Local farm stands & Fish Markets with groceries & made to order items
5- Fancy stores (ours has a train running through it and a thunder & lightning display for their veggie section with bursts of water) that are one rung down from
6 - Whole Foods and Trader Joe's
7 - The less expensive natural food store
8 - The more expensive natural food store

So - I have been luck enough to book the once a month held bake sale at a #5!!! Thanks for all your suggestions. We could break the $1,000 mark on Saturday Jan 31! The last time I made baklava and indiv wrapped them with tags identifying what they were w/ ingredients and people ate them at the table. Thanks so much for the suggestions! [img][/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%