So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:18pm
post #91 of 599

icon_lol.gif @ Lanibird and her DH. Too funny.

I forgot about that little tidbit too but I have been anxious to find out how they got sick.

It's OK Indy, we can all be pathetic together...we're allowed at least one day! Now back to dancing...

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #92 of 599

OK - where is everyone getting the smiley's from - I want to dance tooooo!!!!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #93 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

He was part of Rousseau's science team that crashed on the Island. When she takes Jack and all to the Black Rock in Season One and they cross into what she calls The Dark Territory, she mentions it was where her team got infected and where Montand lost his arm.

It's kind of become a running joke between me and DH. Whenever something goes wrong (like last night when I dropped and broke a coffee mug), one of us will say, "and that's how Montand lost his arm". Yeah. We're weird like that. icon_lol.gif

I don't even remember that, lol. So we have Montand, Ray Mullen, and Dr Candle all have limbs that went missing.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #94 of 599

It's not so much remembering as is I watch the show more than any one person should, really. icon_lol.gif I have the seasons on DVD, and it (along with Friends and the BBC's Pride and Prejudice) is one of my go-to forms of "background" noise when I have something to work on.

And now, we dance!
Image Lost Wednesday! Lost Wednesday!

Edited to add: have any of you seen the "Lost Untangled" episode on the ABC site? OMG it is funny! Its look to be done by the same guys who did the parodies that I linked to a few pages back. So funny.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:35am
post #95 of 599

Lanibird... you and your husband sound like my kinda people icon_biggrin.gif Your joke between you and him cracked me up! ( btw-I LOVE BBC's pride and prejudice too! I've watched it just under a million times icon_smile.gif )

Ooo ooo! I thought of someone else with a missing limb - Sam Tooney's (sp?) wife in Australia that Hurley went to see in "Numbers." She was missing a leg.

Yes. I am a nerd.

Goodness, you guys... a whole hour and 25 minutes left to wait in agony. Let's be pathetic together icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:32am
post #96 of 599

I have a dilema - I'll just lay it all out there for you guys and you can tell me what to do.....

We are leaving tomorrow for Disney with my family, I have a cake to make for a competition on Tuesday, we don't get back from Disney until Sunday night. I have all 4 tiers covered with fondant and have ALL the decorating left to do..... now here's my dilema -

I can't see the TV from the dinning room where I work and I can't miss Lost or Life - help.... tv...cake....tv.....cake....tv....cake....... icon_cry.gif I don't know what to do!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:42am
post #97 of 599

oh janel you've GOT to buy another TV!!!!

We laugh at ourselves because we have 3 people in the house and 5 TV's. We used to have 6!! 3 of them are in adjoining rooms, so I can walk from the front living room, thru the kitchen to the back family room and never miss a second of a tv show, if all 3 tv's are on the same channel! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:45am
post #98 of 599

I smell an all-nighter coming for janel... Her tv, then cakes after icon_smile.gif

You can sleep in the car on the way there icon_biggrin.gif

janelwaters Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:54am
post #99 of 599

OK -so this is what I have decided to do..... cause I know you've been dying to know! haha!

I am going to finish the laundry tonight and get EVERYTHING packed for the trip, then I am going to make my Calla centers b/c they have to dry overnight (stupid me didn't know that!) - then I'm going to make the paper template for my top tier (based on some funky pleats from a wedding dress). Then I am going to go clean the house up and go to bed and get up early and finish my callas so that when I get back on Sunday and then on Monday I can finish the cake! So I get to watch TV, sleep and pull the all nighters when I get back - cause, frankly, I don't think I will be able to sleep the night before the competition anyway!

and really.....i JUST can't miss lost!! I can't, its that simple - its like crack for me!

bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:58am
post #100 of 599

My name is Beth, and I am a LOST addict.

Heeheehee. icon_biggrin.gif

2 minutes left

janelwaters Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:02am
post #101 of 599

ITS ON ITS ON!!!!!!

janelwaters Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:03am
post #102 of 599

ITS ON ITS ON!!!!!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:10am
post #103 of 599

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

That was by FAR the best episode this season!!!!

We got Danielle's story!

Charlotte died! ( icon_cry.gif )

We saw Christian Shephard!

Smokey is back!

And my personal favorite...We saw how Montand lost his arm! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif When they were all trying to keep him from falling into the hole, and he grimaced in pain, I SOOO called out that his arm was gonna pop off. ew, gross.....

Now THAT's how they do an epi of Lost.

I CANNOT wait until next week!

maryjsgirl Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #104 of 599

Yeah when Smoky started coming after them I told my husband, "betcha he's about to lose an arm!" and plop there it went. He thought I was genius. icon_lol.gif

janelwaters Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:17am
post #105 of 599

I think I'm high on Lost - I don't even know what to say about that episode except - HOLY $HIT!!!! I'm gonna have to watch that one at least 2 more times...... so much info!

I almost peed my pants when his arm popped off - sorry, I'm a little sick and twisted! I think the Final Destination movies are histerical!! They are supposed to be scary and I just can't stop laughing through them!! So basically any outrageous human dismemberment is cause for laughter for me!

Ok - off to the callas and more laundry and packing and BED!

Good night ladies and I will "see" you all next week - except I know I will have to check at least one more time before leaving tomorrow......

Ironbaker Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #106 of 599

Smokey! Smokey! Smokey! He's baaaaack! I'm still waiting for an answer though.

Another fantastic episode, anti-climatic ending though. I think everyone knew that was Daniel's mother. Except for Ben, did he seem a bit surprised?

The arm! The old, decrepit arm! icon_lol.gif

I loved see the little reunion with Jin and Sawyer, how cute. Poor Jin getting tossed around through space and time. The Danielle backstory was quick but still pretty good. Why is smokey guarding the temple? That's yet another question. Me thinks it's the temple that made them ill.

I had no attachment to Charlotte so I'm indifferent to her death.

bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:32am
post #107 of 599

I wasn't attached to Charlotte either, but I am to Faraday, and I was so sad for him. Poor Daniel!

Have fun in Disney, janel! icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:40am
post #108 of 599

Good luck Janel!

Yeah, I was a little sad for Daniel, he didn't even get to kiss her. lol

So now they have to show the scene where he warns younger Charlotte about coming back to the island.

I'm a bit confused by Christian being on the island. How? Why? He must've gone before, right? Christian = Jacob? My brain hurts.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:35pm
post #109 of 599

(sorry in advance for the mini-novella icon_redface.gif )

Ok. The title of last nights show should have been "Oh Damn!". I don't know how many times I repeated that last night. Jin's insistence on Lock telling Sun he's dead, Charlotte's revelation about Dan being the scary guy that warned her not to come back, her death, seeing the exchange between Danielle and Robert, finding out that all this might all be Locke's fault because he didn't move the Island! icon_eek.gif

And of course, Montand's detachable arm. That guy was a jerk, but to have your arm severed/ripped from your body by a freaky column of smoke... that's messed up.

Rousseau's story was way too short. I was hoping to see much more, and I'm hoping more will be shown in the future. It still didn't clear up some of the questions about her backstory:
* If the Purge happened in 1992, how could she be on the Island for 4 years, while the Dharma Initiative was in full swing, without encountering anyone? icon_confused.gif
* The radio broadcasting the numbers was presumably Dharma's, so how could she change the signal, and them not notice?
* If the toxic gas used in the Tempest was used to kill everyone on the Island during the Purge, how did she survive?
* She says the Others kidnapped Alex a week after she was born, so who had her? Ben couldn't have taken over Dad-duty till after 1992...

I haven't had enough coffee yet....

I don't even want to start trying to speculate about Christian, that'll bring a full-on headache. icon_lol.gif But if he is Jacob, what does that make/mean for Jack?

Ironbaker, I agree, I want some answers on the Monster. I refuse to accept DH's smart a$$ answer that it is "smoke" icon_rolleyes.gif

Have fun janel! Glad you were able to find a solution for your dilemma. I agree with Debi, you need another tv! And TiVo! With American Idol (yeah I admit it), Lost, Life (I love that show too), and Ghost Hunters all on I would never survive Wednesdays without our TiVo! icon_lol.gif

maryjsgirl Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:05pm
post #110 of 599

I see the smoke monster as the "course corrector". The future cannot be changed. Jin being there had the possibility of messing up the destined future. He was attempting to save people that were suppose to die.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:03pm
post #111 of 599

I know I'm a bit late - but, HOLY CRAP!!! That was the best episode yet...I even dreamed about it that night (except for some reason my kids and I played the major roles LOL!!).

I think Ben was definitely surprised about Ms Hawking being Daniel's mother, that was great - finally he didn't know everything!!

Sun & Jin have me so worried!! I can't believe she's going to leave her daughter to go back to the island!?!?! I was torn on that one - and as if it's ok for just some of them to go back now? I'll miss Hurley, Kate, and Sayid!

Christian = Jacob??? What!!

I have to say, I was really happy to see the link to an ancient civilization (maybe human) at last! Not sure if anyone has seen it before, but that "temple" sort of structure was great! I have an affinity for mysterious cultures, and that really tied in well for me....I'm a geek!! icon_smile.gif

Can't wait for next week!!!

Oh, btw, When Montand was being pulled in, I said to my DH, this must be when he loses his arm! Hubby was amazed, and now thinks I'm the biggest LOST junkie in the world!! icon_wink.gif

Ironbaker Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm
post #112 of 599

That was just an outloud thought - Jacob = Christian. Not sure what I really think about it...

Maybe Jacob takes on forms to help them? Maybe that's why we see the dead walking? I have to think about that some more.

Interesting idea, Marys. What about those that were killed, first episode, season 1?

janebrophy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:57pm
post #113 of 599

No, seriously, I totally think he is Jacob....I mean, why else appear as Christian?? Especially to people who don't even know him....John had no clue about who he was or about who his son was.... That would kind of tie in why Sawyer saw him in that bar.... just a thought...

maryjsgirl Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:41pm
post #114 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

That was just an outloud thought - Jacob = Christian. Not sure what I really think about it...

Maybe Jacob takes on forms to help them? Maybe that's why we see the dead walking? I have to think about that some more.

Interesting idea, Marys. What about those that were killed, first episode, season 1?

Beats me, lol.

I am not totally believing that Christian is Jacob. Remember the first time Locke "met" Jacob he was calling out for help. Was he needing help, because of Christian?

maryjsgirl Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #115 of 599

So we are to believe that Locke fixed the wheel. Does this mean that the Losties will now be stuck in the past? Since the well is filled in it must predate Dharma right? And remember Faraday was there when they were digging the well out. So was that him truly at that time or was it him in the future (now that they are stuck in the past)....if that made sense, lol.

Will they stay in the past and become part of the "Others" or the Dharma Initiative?

Oh and I read on a site that the name on the van that Ben was driving is an anagram for reincarnation. Thought that was interesting.

janebrophy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #116 of 599

I was wondering what that van said!! I couldn't make heads or tails of it! LOL!!

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #117 of 599

Hey all! I just found this forum and was wondering if I can join in - PLEASE.... I love Lost.

I thought I knew everything, but you guys of stumped me - who is Montand? I know he is the guy from Wednesday nights ep that got his arm ripped off by 'smokey', but when was he on the show before?

bigsisof3kids Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:19am
post #118 of 599

Threematbros : Welcome! No need to ask to join, just jump right in icon_smile.gif
I think it was in the season one episode "Exodus part 1." Rousseau is leading Jack and the gang through the jungle to go retrieve the dynamite from the Black Rock, when we see a tree with black slashes on it. Rousseau pauses to tell them that they are now in the Dark territory - where Montand lost his arm. And this causes good 'ole Dr. Arzt (sp?) to freak out and want to leave icon_smile.gif
So technically he wasn't on the show before, just mentioned icon_smile.gif Very easy to forget, that was about 5 years ago that it first aired!

Yeah, I dunno if they're gonna be stuck in the past now, or what. Maybe that's how we get the explanation of the 4 toed statue!! ( that thought just came to me icon_smile.gif ) Or maybe they experienced another flash or two since Locke's been down there. We saw the wheel jiggle a bit, maybe that's what starts the flashes.

Remember after Montand was yanked into Smoky's pit, we heard him calling for help? I think that was the smoke monster enticing the others to come down there. I don't think it was Montand himself. Just want to see what everyone else thinks, or if I'm just taking it too far, lol.

Ironbaker Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:35am
post #119 of 599

Welcome aboard threematboys!

Hmm, maryjsgirl...that whole scene where John first "met" Jacob still boggles me. It was just...odd. I'm still sort of leaning towards Jacob being some "being" but not necessarily human. In that scene he seemed almost like a ghost and even when he was telling John he had to get up and fix the wheel, something told me he wasn't really *there*. Meaning, the reason he couldn't turn it, as John asked, is because he wouldn't be able to touch it if he wanted to. Brain hurts, brain hurts.

I'm also wondering if they're stuck in the past or what.

Janebrophy, I did catch what the van said: Canton Rainier Carpet something or other. I looked it up (since I'm a lost geek like that lol) and others are pointing out that Canton Rainier is an anagram of "reincarnation". Who knows if that is some clue or if they're just toying with us.

janebrophy Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 2:10pm
post #120 of 599

threematbros, I wondered the exact same thing about Montand!! These girls know a heck of a lot about LOST!!!

Ironbaker, that makes sense. When I saw the name on the van, I knew it had to mean something, but really who knows if it will go anywhere.

That's true about Jacob. The first meeting really creeped me out!! I was actually pretty scared! LOL!! And "Christian" couldn't/wouldn't help John up, even with that nasty leg wound. I thought that was maybe cause John had to be the one to do whatever it was he was doing....my brain hurts too!!!

It's great to have people to talk about this show with in between episodes!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%