My Daughter Is Getting Married!!!!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm by mommyle

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:49am
post #1 of 11

July 4th!!! I knew ittttt! I knew it was gonna come this summer! Not only that but my grandson's 2nd bday is July 2nd and my daughter's bday is July 12th which is going to be in Vegas! Wow that means, 2 birthday cakes, wedding cake, grooms cake all in 2 weeks! No one will want to see cake for months! lol

Seriously, I am soooo excited my very first wedding cake and it's my daughters!!! I will find her color's out soon! I will need all your help CC'ers! Especially ways to have nice wedding favors w/out the large expense. I will fill you in and be asking ton's of ideas in the coming days! I just wanted to share with you all......you guys are great!

Excited MIL to BE!
Chippi!!!!

10 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:28am
post #2 of 11

That is very exciting! congratulations!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 11:43am
post #3 of 11

You are going to have lots of fun! I made my son's wedding cake and it was so much fun planning it.

Enjoy!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:09pm
post #4 of 11

You're not excited, are you !!? icon_lol.gif Congrats and (((( HUGS ))) thumbs_up.gif

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 11

I know the feeling!! My daughter just got engaged too. I'm thinking of making her cake, but I'm not sure since it will be in NY and I'm in Pennsylvania. I too am going too need lots of input from our fellow cakers!

Again, congratulations and I things will be great.

Phyllis

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 11

Congratulations! That's a LOT to do in two weeks-just take it one layer at a time! thumbs_up.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 11

Congratulations MIL-to-be! icon_smile.gif I'm gonna be one as well! icon_biggrin.gif

My daughter just got engaged last evening-her 25th birthday and Inauguration Day! We're very excited!

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 11

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 11

congratulations!

I can't wait to do my daughter's, but she's only 19 months old =) will have lots of time to practice!!!

YAY!!!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 11

Chippi,

My duaghter's wedding cake is the reason I started decorating again. I took a wilton class in 1978! but quit decorating when I got out of college and went to work. Her wedding gave me a reason to try again and I just can't get enough of it now.

Congratulations!!! keep us posted, oh I love weddings.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm
post #11 of 11

Congrats! They sure do grow up fast! Super exciting times for you!!!

PM me if you would like cookie packaging ideas as favors. VERY happy to help if I can!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%