Help! Martini Type Cake Needed...and I'm A Newbie!

Decorating By RIC-Girl Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 2:52am by Kim040508

RIC-Girl Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

So, my mom just asked me to make a cake for this weekend for a small get together. Of course I couldn't say no!

It's a friends birthday and they all love martini's and glitzy things. I don't think I want to pipe a martini glass on the cake. Any other suggestions? Possibly sparkely?? All I can do at this point is buttercream...I'm still learning, so fondant is out.

Any suggestions? I'm drawing a blank!! This cake has to WOW them all.

thanks all!

5 replies
prterrell Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 6

Bake an oval cake and then ice it to look like a giant olive.

CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 6

Here's a cake I did with a martini theme. It is buttercream with fondant dots, but you could do them in bc, and the martini glasses are cookies. It was really easy.

kakeladi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 6

Bake hand cut martini glasses. Put those extra long toothpicks into them before baking (or sucker sticks) so you can stand them up on top of the cake......hey, make that olive cake w/the cookie glasses.

JanH Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:47am
post #5 of 6
Originally Posted by prterrell

Bake an oval cake and then ice it to look like a giant olive.

That would be cool, especially if you threw some gin into the cake batter and/or b/c. icon_lol.gif

Some inspiration from the cake galleries:
(Any fondant cakes can easily be made in b/c.) icon_smile.gif

And for sparkly, here's a very informative thread on the different dusts:

Kim040508 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 6

Go to the galleries and then to the search tab, type in martini glass. There are some really cute ideas and not all of them are done in fondant. I'm sure you'll come up with something. Don't forget to post it when you're done!!

Kim thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%