If You Have A Cuisinart 1000 Watt

Decorating By KellJ Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 1:12am by sugarflour2

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 5

Do you have a problem with the mixer shaking while mixing?

I just got one for Christmas and have only used it twice and it shakes really bad even on setting 4 creaming butter and sugar. Wondering if anyone else has this problem??

4 replies
turtlemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtlemommy Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #2 of 5

Hello,

I just bought a Cuisinart 800W. I so love it!! I have found though that if the surface is not completly level it will shake a bit (very slightly), using speed 4 & up.

1000W & 800W is pretty powerful, with all of that power & the orbital action, I wonder if a bit of shaking might be normal?

That being said, I have only had my mixer for a few weeks, maybe someone with more experince can help.

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 5

bump

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:49am
post #4 of 5

I have the Cuisinart 1000 watt. I haven't really noticed any shaking unless the mixture is too dry.

Is your surface level? Is the bowl turned so it's locked into posisition?

If you keep having the shaking problems, call Cuisinart and see what they say. I know my timer doesn't work anymore and I had only used it once. It's still under warranty, so I need to call them myself. Otherwise I love it

sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #5 of 5

I have the Cui9sinart 1000 watt also. Yes, it does shake, a lot. I'm sure it's because the motor is so powerful. I've had my mixer for a year now and even with the shakes, it still performs very well. Wooo, try making gum paste in it, it will do a dance right down your counter, but it's never given any indication that motor is straining.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%