Funny thread!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:25pm
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Neighbor - OK I'll ask the bride if I should do that. Perhaps we'll put pots of frosting and sprinkles at each table and let the guests decorate them themselves.

That surely takes the cake -
Haven't heard of anything so funny............ or tacky in ages.

Besides thisPlease don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice"

Thanks for the laughs

Bluehue.

Ahhh, thanks for bringing this back! for some reason I've lost it. It is very funny huh?

I was the one that attended the wedding where the couple wanted cash instead of gifts icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif
Good thing she didn't know that I like making cakes huh?

Ohhhh plllllease tell me you took a 3 tier stunning creation - as a *little something* for the dessert table
icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 6:51pm
post #63 of 71
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Neighbor - OK I'll ask the bride if I should do that. Perhaps we'll put pots of frosting and sprinkles at each table and let the guests decorate them themselves.

That surely takes the cake -
Haven't heard of anything so funny............ or tacky in ages.

Besides thisPlease don't bring a gift, but cash is gladly accepted...and please bring a main dish of your choice"

Thanks for the laughs

Bluehue.

Ahhh, thanks for bringing this back! for some reason I've lost it. It is very funny huh?

I was the one that attended the wedding where the couple wanted cash instead of gifts icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif
Good thing she didn't know that I like making cakes huh?

Ohhhh plllllease tell me you took a 3 tier stunning creation - as a *little something* for the dessert table
icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue

Ha,ha,ha nooooo, I was kind of mean and since she asked for cash I put $1 (yes one dollar) in a envelope and as a main dish I brought 'chips and salsa' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif hi,hi
But, let me add that these couple are NOT poor(you should see their house and cars they drive icon_eek.gif ) plus that was her 3rd and his 2nd wedding so they have everything!! I'm friends with the whole family for a long time so I (almost) felt that I 'had' to attend her 3rd wedding.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #64 of 71
Quote:

Ha,ha,ha nooooo, I was kind of mean and since she asked for cash I put $1 (yes one dollar) in a envelope and as a main dish I brought 'chips and salsa' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif hi,hi
But, let me add that these couple are NOT poor(you should see their house and cars they drive icon_eek.gif ) plus that was her 3rd and his 2nd wedding so they have everything!! LOL - And now we know why they are wealthy - because everyoine takes a plate of food to their weddings
Just goes to prove that age ole saying...........
All the money in the world can't buy you class, manners or good breeding icon_wink.gif
I'm friends with the whole family for a long time so I (almost) felt that I 'had' to attend her 3rd wedding.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
LOL LOL LOL....... Just think - by the time wedding number 4 comes around - you will only have to give 50 cents and then the 5th wedding will be free - ROFL......oh, and a plate of food

And here was i thinking this was rude -
That being invited to a wedding - being given the name of the shop where the gift registry was - and how much they would like us to spend........ THEN reading on the attached note inside the invitation -
*please help us out by paying for your meals when ordering at venue* DH refused to eat on principle - lollllllll
We left early and sat down along the river in our evening wear - eating take away pizza - lolllllll

Nine weeks later we rec'd a card thanking us for their gift -
with another note attached
*if you would like to purchase one of our beautiful wedding photos -
please fill in form on back of this note*
DH tapedshut.gif and threw said note in bin.

Thirteen Months later we get another card informing us that *we are so happy to announce that soon there will be the pitter patter of little feet in our home*
Please bring a share plate and join us on such and such a date....and something pink for soon to be darling little girl.

We didn't - as we were dreadfully busy that day.

And we never got invited to the Christening either - lolllllllllllllllll

Oh dear - how sad - never mind ................................. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:33pm
post #65 of 71

Oh wow!!! What are their skin made out off? I'm speechless. I thought my rich friend want to have a money dance at her wedding is cheap. Your story is so much worst. But it does make me laugh icon_lol.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:51pm
post #66 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyPoppins

Me - (imagining ruined table linens)Yes, that sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! Then instead of a photographer, they can hand out crayons and construction paper so everyone can draw pictures of the happy couple!!! LOL

This whole thing made me laugh!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 8:17pm
post #67 of 71

Laughter is the best medicine & I have laughed so much over this thread that I will never get sick again.LOL

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:56pm
post #68 of 71

Oh my! icon_lol.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:31am
post #69 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

Laughter is the best medicine & I have laughed so much over this thread that I will never get sick again.LOL

Hi June, yes indeed laughter is the best medicine...I'm glad this made you laugh. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:59am
post #70 of 71

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read.

I don't know how you kept a straight face when she suggested everyone could decorate their own cupcake. I'm pretty good at keeping a straight face but I don't think I would have been able to on that one.

Thanks for all the laughs everyone!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:03am
post #71 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyPoppins

I
and let the guests decorate them themselves.

Me - (imagining ruined table linens)Yes, that sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!

!!

That reminds me of the joke where the punch line is ... "And my husband sent me to ettiquette lessons, and they taught me that instead of telling people to F*** Off, I should just say "Oh, that's so very nice.""

You truly are practically perfect in every way!!!

Oh gosh......I didn't know it wasn't proper ettiquette to tell people to F *** off!?! LOL

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%