Italian Tuscan Theme Wedding Cake

Decorating By cakecookingnut Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 11:47am by cakecookingnut

cakecookingnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecookingnut Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 11

Can anyone help me with some wedding cake ideas for an Italian/Tuscan Theme? The only thing they know they want for sure is square and round mixed. Anyone? Help????

10 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 11

Wow, I would love to do something along the lines of this theme.......I would be doing a buttercup yellow with antique scrolls brushed with bronze luster dust to make them look older and authentic...... not a sunny yellow but something warm and rich and then aged a bit. I can totally see it in my head, lol, I might need to make some dummies and have some fun this week!

Thanks for the inspiration and have fun with your cake ~ what a cool theme.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 11

Here's a cake that might give you some inspiration: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=56749

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 11

That link is a really pretty cake but I would add lots of grapes. That's what I think of It/Tuscan.

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #5 of 11

I think she did a great job on it. I agree with the thought of adding more grapes. I loved the colors though!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakecookingnut Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #6 of 11

Thanks for the ideas guys. It's a good start but I'd really like to give them more choices if anyone has more. I don't know what their likes and dislikes are and if I give them more choices then I can get a feel for what they like. Anyone have more ideas?

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 11
dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 1:11am
post #8 of 11

I l-o-v-e this cake, in fact I plan on trying something similar next week for my Mom's birthday. This photo is posted here by artsmarty.
LL

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:31am
post #9 of 11

When I think of Tuscany, this is the sort of thing I think of:

My first thought of a Tuscany-inspired cake is to render that sort of pastoral scene in cake. I'd put a little villa on the top and then have the layers spiral down with the classic trees like you see in Italy and vineyards on the sides of the cake. Sunflowers and bright red poppies also grow in Tuscany, so I'd include those as well.

My other thought, is to shape the cakes like a cluster of Tuscan urns with sunflowers, poppies, and grapes spilling out of them and figs and pomegranates and olives and more grapes clustered around the bases of the urns (like a still life painting).
Here are some pics of some of those elements:

And here's a wedding cake that is done to look like an urn:

If you wanted to do something a bit more distract, you could either paint or apply fondant cut-outs of poppies around the sides of one tier, sunflowers around another, and grapes around another.

HTH!

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:33am
post #10 of 11

Love those pix!! I especially love the second one -- I could picture that drawn onto a cake -- very pretty! icon_biggrin.gif

cakecookingnut Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:47am
post #11 of 11

thanks for the ideas everyone icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%