Templates For Run Sugar/color Flow?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm by bobwonderbuns

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake coming up and they've requested martini glasses, purses, shoes, lipstick, etc. I'd like to do these in runsugar/colorflow b/c it's an all buttercream cake...anyone know where I can find templates of these things?

thanks!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 7

Have you thought of doing them w/a candy mold?? Not sure aobut the martini glass but I know they have the other stuff on one mold.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7

I would go online to any clip art places and get a printout of whatever you want (even using a regular picture printed off the internet will do.) Place underneath a piece of wax paper and flow over it following the picture. You can wait for it to dry and paint it after. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 7

I understand how run sugar is done directly on a surface, like on cookies but how do you transfer the finished work from the wax paper onto the cake? Is it like a buttercream transfer?, frozen and flipped?

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 7

You gently slide it off the table, pulling the wax paper away from underneath in a downward fashion. If you want to make the piece stronger, you can flip it over and repipe on the back for extra strength.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 7

Kool! Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. I never dreamed it could be handled like that - awesome!

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 7

Oh sure, it's easy!! If you look in my pix I did the gold monogrammed cake like that. I always make tons of extras in case of breakage... icon_rolleyes.gif Then after it dried I gilded it with lustre dust and vodka. Beautiful!! icon_biggrin.gif The nice thing is you can use any font you like to do the monogram in! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%