3D Dora

Decorating By mmt72 Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 12:04am by JanH

mmt72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmt72 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a 3D Dora cake for my daughter's birthday. Has anyone out there done one before? Anyone have any advice?

3 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

I've never made a Dora before, but I made a monkey tutorial that might help you with the construction of it. (I know, Dora and monkeys are different, but look at the pic and maybe it will make sense.) http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Monkey_see.html
Adding Dora's backpack would be good, too, to help give stability to the cake, since Dora obviously isn't as chubby as my monkey was.

Maybe someone out there who's done Dora before can chime in and help you more.

Deanna

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 4

I would use the 3d teddy bear pan and just do some trimming to fit. And I would also add the backpack that would add servings and stablize the cake...
The reaso the teddy bear pan would work... dora has big feet and all you would have to do is trim the top of the head and a bit if the face... the rest can be shaped with icing or fondant... GOOD LUCK... Cant wait to see the pic... thumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

Hi and Congrats on your 1st post, mmt72. icon_smile.gif

TooMuchCake and mabryant0212 have provided great technical assistance on Dora...

Here's generalized cake baking and decorating info:
(Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, make and decorate your 1st tiered/stacked/layer cake.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-edit-605188.html

Above has Wilton help links for cake baking... Also info on how to smooth b/c frosting or apply fondant. Contains popular CC recipes for cake and b/c and fondant.

Also, don't be such a stranger!

Look forward to seeing pics of your daughter's cake. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%