Thread About Cake Flavors

Decorating By smbegg Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 6:19am by kbak37

smbegg Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 8

One of the constant topics I see on here is requests for cake/flavor combos. Yesterday MacsMom posted an awesome list in another post and I thought that we could keep it going. I am going to post Macsmom's list (I hope that's ok). Then we can have a frame of reference.

My favorites are:
White cake w/ Lemon curd
Chocolate w/ ganache
WASC w/custard and fruit jam (Black Raspberry)
Yellow cake w/custard filling and Poured Chocolate Ganache

Stephanie

7 replies
smbegg Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 8

This is the first time I've printed my entire list to share with the world... It's huge!

Almond Joy ~ Rich chocolate-almond cake filled with chocolate ganache & coconut filling.

Amaretto Divine ~ Amaretto cake filled with chocolate fudge & Amaretto crème filling.

Andes Dream ~ Chocolate cake baked with Andes mints, filled with chocolate fudge & mint filling.

Apricot Almond ~ White almond sour cream cake with Amaretto cheesecake & apricot puree.

Banana Caramel Cheesecake ~ Banana cake with cheesecake & fresh caramel filling.

Bananarama ~ Banana cake filled with caramel, banana crème and chocolate ganache.

Banana Split ~ Layers of banana, cherry, & chocolate cakes filled with chocolate fudge & banana crème.

Black Forest ~ Chocolate-cherry cake filled with chocolate truffle & cherry filling.

Blueberry Sour Cream ~ Sour cream cake with cheesecake & blueberry fruit filling.

Boston Cream Pie ~ Butter cake filled with vanilla crème & chocolate ganache.

Butterscotch Rum ~ Rich butterscotch rum cake with a cheesecake filling.

Cappuccino ~ Milk chocolate-cappuccino cake filled with cappuccino truffle & thick cream.

Carrot Cake ~ cheesecake filling.

Chai Latte~ Fragrant chai spiced cake filled with cheesecake.

Cherry Vanilla ~ Layers of cherry cake and vanilla cake with cherry chocolate-chip ricotta filling.

Chocolate Banana Cheesecake ~ Layers of chocolate and banana cakes with banana & chocolate cheesecake.

Chocolate Covered Cherry ~ Cherry chocolate-chip cake with a chocolate cherry truffle filling.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry ~ Layers of strawberry and chocolate cakes with a fudge filling.

Cinnamon Roll ~ Cinnamon swirl butter cake filled with sweet cream cheese.

Caramel Apple ~ Butter cake filled with sliced apple fruit filling & fresh caramel.

Citrus twist ~ Swirls of orange and lemon cake filled with orange cheesecake & lemon curd.

Coconut Cloud ~ Coconut cake filled with coconut crème.

Cookies & Cream ~ Rich dark chocolate cake with an Oreo cookie filling.

Crème Brûlée ~ Caramel cake filled with fresh caramel & white chocolate ganache.

Decadent Chocolate ~ A divinely decadent chocolate cake filled with chocolate fudge & chocolate-chip mousse.

Espresso Chip ~ Mocha-chip cake with espresso truffle filling.

Funky Monkey ~ Layers of banana & peanut butter cakes filled with layers of chocolate fudge, banana cheesecake, & peanut butter mousse.

GoodiesnCream ~ Moist butter cake with a creamy filling loaded with Butterfinger and Heath toffee bits.

Goodnight Kiss ~ Anise flavored champagne cake with white chocolate truffle filling.

Guava Lava ~ Pretty pink guava cake filled with guava fruit filling and cheesecake.

Hawaii Five-O ~ Pineapple cake filled with banana crème, mango curd, & coconut cream.

Hot Cocoa ~ Hot cocoa cake filled with marshmallow crème.

Irish Cream ~ Baileys Irish Cream cake with a Baileys chocolate truffle filling.

Kahlua ~ Rich dark chocolate-Kahlua cake with Kahlua crème filling.

Key Lime ~ Key Lime cake filled with key lime curd and cheesecake.

Lemon Drop ~ Lemon cake filled with lemon curd & white-chocolate ganache.

Lemon Kiss ~ Swirls of almond and lemon cakes filled with raspberry puree & lemon cheesecake.

Margarita ~ Rich margarita cake filled with lime cheesecake.

Mocha Toffee Crunch ~ Chocolate mocha cake filled with mocha fudge & toffee bits.

Neopolitan ~ A layer each of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cakes filled with chocolate and strawberry cheesecake.

Orange Dreamsicle ~ Moist orange cake filled with vanilla mousse.

Orange Valencia ~ Orange chocolate-chip cake filled with rich chocolate fudge. *My personal favorite*

Peaches n Cream ~ Moist white cake infused with peach, filled with white-chocolate truffle & peach fruit filling.

Peanut Butter Fudgey ~ Peanut butter chocolate-chip cake filled with chocolate fudge and Reeses filling.

PBJ ~ PB cake, peanut butter mousse & raspberry fruit filling.

Pineapple Guava ~ Pineapple cake with guava fruit filling.

Pink Champagne ~ Pink champagne cake with cheesecake filling.

Piña Colada ~ Coconut pineapple cake with coconut crème filling and pineapple fruit filling.

Popsicle ~ Pineapple and cherry cakes swirled together with pineapple & cherry truffle filling.

Raspberry Truffle ~ Dark chocolate-raspberry cake filled with chocolate fudge & raspberry puree.

Rainbowlicious ~ Six vibrant colors of vanilla cake, filled with vanilla mousse.

Red Velvet ~ Rich red velvet cake with cheesecake filling.

Root beer Float ~ Root beer cake swirled with vanilla and filled with thick cream.

Smores ~ Graham cracker cake filled with marshmallow crème & chocolate ganache.

Strawberry Banana ~ Alternating layers of strawberry and banana cakes filled with banana and strawberry cheesecakes.

Strawberry Fields ~ Moist strawberry cake filled with strawberry cheesecake & strawberry puree.

Strawberry Lemonade ~ Strawberry & lemon cakes swirled together and filled with strawberry cheesecake & lemon curd.

Sunrise ~ Swirls of cherry and orange cakes, filled with orange mousse & cherry mousse.

Tiramisu ~ Espresso infused butter cake with mascarpone-Kahlua filling, over a spread of chocolate ganache.

Tropic Breeze ~ Tropical cake (pineapple, banana, coconut) filled with Pineapple cheesecake.

Turtle ~ Dark chocolate cake filled chocolate fudge, caramel, & toasted chopped pecans.

Tuxedo ~ Layers of white & dark chocolate cakes filled with layers of white-chocolate truffle & rich fudge filling.

White Almond Sour Cream ~ White almond sour cream cake filled with cheesecake & raspberry puree. Also great with chocolate-cheesecake filling!

I use the WASC recipe as my base and start substituting from there: Flavored coffee creamers, juices, liquers, thawed frozen margarita concentrate, coffee, melted ice-cream, flavored yogurts in place of sour cream, pudding mixes, LoRann flavored oils...

smbegg Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 8

And here is Chef_Stef's amazing list:
**Black Forest cake--The classic combination of chocolate cake with cherry soaking syrup, filled with whipped cream and cherries or optional cherry mousse.

Mocha Spice cake--Rich sour cream chocolate cake with a dash of coffee and fresh and dried ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

Pink Champagne cake--Made with real pink champagne, filled with champagne-flavored buttercream.

**Sour Cream Poppyseed cake (with lots of poppyseeds) with whipped white chocolate lemon ganache filling.

Raspberry Mousse cake--White or chiffon cake brushed with orange syrup, filled with layers of raspberry preserves and raspberry mousse.

Lemon Chiffon Mousse cake--Lemon chiffon cake with ginger syrup and lemon mousse.

Lime Chiffon cake with fresh ginger mousse.

**White Chocolate Whisper cake--White cake baked with real imported white chocolate. Filled with whipped white chocolate ganache or white chocolate cream cheese filling.

**Creme Brulee cake--Cream brulee-flavored cake filled with fresh caramel sauce and Bavarian cream, frosted with regular or caramel-flavored buttercream.

Banana cake with caramel espresso filling. Can also be brushed with coffee soaking syrup and filled with maple mousse. Nuts optional.

Creamy Coconut cake--Coconut cake, baked with coconut milk and coconut flakes, brushed with a rum soaking syrup, filled with coconut custard filling, frosted with coconut buttercream. (Also great filled with lime curd)

Lemon Lust--Lemon cake, lemon soaking syrup, lemon cream cheese or lemon curd filling, and lemon buttercream, for citrus lovers.

*NEW* Italian Wedding cake--Vanilla sponge cake brushed with rum syrup, then filled with fresh zabaglione.

Orange Grove--Orange cake, with orange or Grand Marnier soaking syrup, orange mousse or buttercream filling, and orange frosting.

**Lemon Meringue Coconut Cake-with lemon curd and real coconut baked inside, filled with layers of lemon curd, coconut flakes, and crisp/chewy coconut meringue. This amazing confection will make lemon meringue pie lovers swoon!

**White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Cake-almond genoise brushed with raspberry soaking syrup, filled with layers of seedless raspberry preserves and whipped white chocolate ganache. Ambrosia!

White Chocolate Eggnog Mousse Cake--spiced chiffon cake brushed with rum soaking syrup, filled with white chocolate eggnog mousse (think cream, nutmeg, and rum!).

Ginger Spice Cake--moist and rich, laced with the spices of the holidays, filled with pumpkin mousse or custard. If you love gingerbread, try this!

Vanilla Cognac cake, baked with both vanilla-infused cognac and regular Madagascar bourbon vanilla for extra vanilla flavor

Kahlua White Russian cake--white chocolate and real Kahlua-laced white cake with Kahlua white Russian cream filling.

**Chocolate Espresso Kahlua Cake--Chocolate cake filled with layers of crisp espresso meringue and Kahlua mousse, for coffee lovers.

**Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cake-one of my personal favorites--Chocolate cake filled with delicious peanut butter mousse that will actually make you say, "Wow!"

Chocolate Coconut Mousse Cake--Chocolate cake with creamy rum-spiked coconut mousse filling.

Chocolate Daquoise Cake--Chocolate cake filled with layers of milk chocolate buttercream or mousse and crisp/chewy, nutty meringue.

Almond Joy--Chocolate cake filled with layers of chewy coconut and toasted almond dacquoise.

kakeladi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 8

Butter Pecan w/bavarian creme

Spice cake w/apple fill (usually I use canned pie filling, mashed up some)

Banana w/bavarian creme & sliced fresh bananas &/or strawberries

Beckalita Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 8

ooh....these sound AMAZING! Keep the ideas coming!

smbegg Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 8

Anyone else?

MacsMom Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:55am
post #7 of 8

Have you gone back to the Gourmet thread? We've come up with several more!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6259628-.html#6259628

kbak37 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:19am
post #8 of 8

Macsmom..thank you and everyone else for the amazing flavor combos and recipes; I cant wait to try them all.

Kakeladi--thank you for the advice on refreezing my cakes after my freezer quit..they are perfect!

I dont know what I would do with out everyone here! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%