2 Colour Buttercream

Decorating By katielb Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 1:01am by SeriousCakes

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:05am
post #1 of 7

My apologies if this has been answered previously (and please feel free to post a link to the relevant topic) but i was hoping someone could tell me how you get the colour edging when piping buttercream/royal icing.

Ive seen cakes with a border of white with blue or red etc tips/streaks through it.

Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

Kate

6 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:41am
post #2 of 7

Morning... You can do it tow ways,
1. Take a very smll, fine brush and with your pipping bag in hand on it's side, draw one lines of the color you want in the bag on each side of the bag. Make usre they are nice strokes, not globby and then fill your bag w. white buttercream frosting and then decorate. It will come out white w. the streaks of the color used...

2. Or

take your pipping bag on it's side and all your colored buttercream to one side and flip it over, so you have your bag on the other side and fill it w. your other color, then you can pipe out 2 colors swirly.

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:43am
post #3 of 7

You can put a stripes of whatever colour you want inside the piping bag with paint brush then add your main colour buttercream, when you pipe it will come out with the stripe in it.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 7

Here is a thread that may help. It's cool because it has pics. You can probably do this using 2 colors, or on page 3, dynee has a tip to get the striping effect. HTH!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=588591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 7

I prefer the "Paint the inside of the bag with a stripe" method. If making roses, for example, be sure to line the tip up with the color. Meaning for the red stripe to be on the edge or your rose leaves, you need to make sure the small opening of the tip is lined up with the color stripe in the bag.

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you all so much, i now have a couple of methods to try icon_smile.gif

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:01am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%