Help!!! Ice Cream Cake

Decorating By dixie_beloved Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 2:29pm by sarahpierce

dixie_beloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixie_beloved Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:28am
post #1 of 5

My sister wants me to make her an ice cream cake for her birthday ... i have never done this before and I had a friend tell me one way to do it by using the round ice cream sandwiches. I was wondering if any of yall have ever made an ice cream cake or any ideas on how to do one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

4 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 10:55am
post #2 of 5

I have a great ice cream cake receipe, but it comes out more like a log.. Would you like that? It is w. whip cream, Ice Cream Sandwiches, and fudge.

RHONDALA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RHONDALA Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:27am
post #3 of 5

Hi Dixie,
I just made on last week for my brother.. I made the cake of course, removed cake from pans, put parchment paper to line the pans and just pressed the icecream in the pan, then put it in the freezer for a couple of hours, once you're ready to put the ice cream on the cake it lifts right out of the pan and off the paper onto the cake and due to the fact you used the same pan as the cake it should fit perfectly!! put the cake back in the freezer to set a couple more hours or overnight, then you can add the Buttercream..moving quickly!! hope this helps..it worked for me!! Goodluck!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 5

Go look at your local grocery store for ideas, but if you just want a simple ice cream cake, this is what I do:

Make a 9 x 13 pan of chocolate cake. When cooled enough, take out of pan and slice in half lengthwise. Put the bottom layer back in pan.
Buy the square block of ice cream, any flavor. Cut slices of the icecream off and lay on top of the cake. Usually cut about 1/2 inch slices.
Then top with the top layer of cake. Put in freezer.
Take out at least 10 minutes before you want to serve this.
At this point you can do whatever you want. But what I also do is, slice square size (about 4" squares) and take out of pan. Top with a good dollop of hot fudge, on top of that a swirl of whipped cream, add a cherry and you're done! It's so easy and tastes delicious!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHONDALA

Hi Dixie,
I just made on last week for my brother.. I made the cake of course, removed cake from pans, put parchment paper to line the pans and just pressed the icecream in the pan, then put it in the freezer for a couple of hours, once you're ready to put the ice cream on the cake it lifts right out of the pan and off the paper onto the cake and due to the fact you used the same pan as the cake it should fit perfectly!! put the cake back in the freezer to set a couple more hours or overnight, then you can add the Buttercream..moving quickly!! hope this helps..it worked for me!! Goodluck!

This is exactly how I do it, and it works awesome! Chocolate cake with coffee flavored icecream is one of my most popular flavor combos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%