Hoooboy I Am Designing The Whole Cake

Decorating By ceshell Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm by ceshell

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:18am
post #1 of 5

OK if you've seen my cakes you know that I draw liberally from the fine artists here at CC (and I always credit them of course icon_smile.gif) but this next one is going to be a Naruto cake and none of the cakes in the gallery quite fit what I'm trying to accomplish. He's kind of a semi-known...or possibly semi-obscure...animé figure.

So...brace yourself: I am going to design the WHOLE thing. From scratch. Eeeeeekkkkk!!! Shapes of layers, colors, embellishments, the works. Wish me luck please, I am scared like crazy! It's for a 9-yo boy who loves Naruto, OMG 9yo animé fan, potentially a harsh critic, he will notice if a lock of hair on the character's head is out of place, or if the figure's shoes are wrong or something!!!

This is for a friend who had her baby years before I started decorating, she's one of my dearest friends and it's always felt weird to never make her something while baking cakes for other friends with whom I am not as close. So I offered up this cake as her sort of de facto baby shower cake...9 years later LOL.

Anyway, it's not due til mid-February but I am already planning. Please send me some good cake vibes, I think this will be the first cake I do where the recipient really, REALLY cares about how it turns out. I am looking forward to the challenge but not the (self-imposed) pressure.

Phew. Just had to get that out. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 7:40am
post #2 of 5

You will do SUPER! You have plenty of time for preparation.....GOOD LUCK and post it when your done!

Chippi icon_smile.gif

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

I have the utmost confidence in your work, ceshell! You will do just fine! thumbs_up.gif

{{hugs}} go get 'em!

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 5

u will do great! my 13 yr old ds would love a cake like that!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 5

Glad to hear someone else knows who the heck Naruto is! I am going to start making the figure this week. I did a rush job cake w/a Santa on it in December and did not allow the figure enough time to dry and you know what happened, Santa's BUTT cracked in half!!! (yes I did say butt cracked icon_lol.gif) So I think that was my little "just in case you think you can do a figure in 2 days" lesson for me so that I don't make that same mistake with Naruto. By comparison I let Remy dry for at least 1.5 weeks (in various stages) as I made him.

I busted out Photoshop and have been laying out the cake tiers, colors and decorations. OMG I feel so organized! Why is a cake for a 9 year old the one I am planning out with the most care?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%