Icing Cake

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 3:27am by indydebi

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:37am
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me how many days frosted cake will last? Party is Sunday, and need to deliver it on Friday before. Will need 2 to 3 days to decorate. Thanks

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4

What kind of cake is it? What kind of icing are you using?
Generally that is a bit long as any leftovers won't last but one day longer since it is taking you 2-3 days to decorate icon_sad.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

Well, when I worked at a grocery store bakery, we could keep our cakes out for 5 days. HOWEVER, once I bought a cake for something and I had the cake in my fridge for 2 weeks. The last slice was as moist at the first. Of course it was in a plastic container and was probably loaded with preservatives seeing as how it was a grocery store cake.

But in your case (i'm guessing home baked) a couple days would be fine. Just keep it refrigerated if possible. I've heard of people slightly underbaking it to keep it moist.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4

Cake is not fragile. It does not start to mold 20 minutes after coming out of the oven. I remember my aunt and my gramma having cake on their counter for days. We ate it and it was delicious.

I cut the top tier of my birthday cake for breakfast this morning. I made it on Wednesday ... I'm eating it on Monday. It's never been refrigerated and it tastes as fresh as a Day One cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%